GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Football Manager '05"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Football Manager 2005'.
Fri 18/02/05 at 15:26
Regular
"Incomprehendible"
Is dangerously addictive, almost impossibly deep, and is a truly marvellous management spectacle.

It is also frustrating beyond words, often truly ridiculous and is a cause of premature mental instability.

I love Football Manager '05
Page:
Wed 13/04/05 at 17:19
Regular
": ("
FM2005 is online? Cool, can you tell me how it works? Is there leagues to play in or do you just have matches against each other?
Wed 13/04/05 at 11:45
Regular
"Bicycle"
Stridman wrote:
> If Championship Manager 2005's online mode was free I probably would
> have got that over this but seeing as it isn't I decided to choose
> the game that is overall the best.

What the hell? FM 05 bests CM in every way. It has an online mode to, that is free, as well as some of the best community sites, especially SIgames'.

> Coin, why did you choose a top team? I think choosing a top team isn't as > fun.

Well, I like starting off with a big team, winning things, buying players, but I quickly get bored and just play it every now and again, if I'm particularly frustrated that D & G can't win nothin'.

> Damn, just checked my Laptop's specs and it has a 934 Mhz CPU whatever
> that is but I don't think it'll be very good at playing Football Manager.

> But it does play Championship Manager 4 okay so I might be lucky. And if
> it's too slow i'll install it on my Computer which has a 1.8 Ghz CPU.

It says on the back of the case: 200Mhz processor at least. 1.8Ghz recommended.

<--- 3.2 Ghz. Roxor.

However it's still playable... My PC, however play's it without any wait - ever.
Wed 13/04/05 at 09:35
Regular
Damn, just checked my Laptop's specs and it has a 934 Mhz CPU whatever that is but I don't think it'll be very good at playing Football Manager.

But it does play Championship Manager 4 okay so I might be lucky. And if it's too slow i'll install it on my Computer which has a 1.8 Ghz CPU.
Tue 12/04/05 at 21:54
Regular
Coin, why did you choose a top team? I think choosing a top team isn't as fun.

When I get FM2005 i'll start with a team like Southend, make my way to the Premiership and hopefully enter the Champions League (I know that'll take ages).
Tue 12/04/05 at 21:52
Regular
I decided to buy this after thinking about it for the last month, I managed to get it cheap to - £10 + free p&p. I should have it by the weekend and I can't wait! The other day I tried getting back into CM4 but it just wasn't doing it for me because it is so dated but this game should be great and there will probably be updates for it throughout this year.

So, what are the main differences from CM4? I can't see it changing much apart from the updated teams.

When I get this i'll be installing it on my Laptop so I can play it downstairs while I sit on my ass watching TV. :D

And PES4 probably wont get played as much, but i'm not bothered because i've already played it to death (been playing PES4 non-stop since December).

If Championship Manager 2005's online mode was free I probably would have got that over this but seeing as it isn't I decided to choose the game that is overall the best.
Tue 12/04/05 at 21:26
Regular
"Bicycle"
Splitters 3 is taking you time?! 22 hours later... 90.9% complete.

Anyhoo, just got back into FM05, back to winning ways too. I've got an awesome formation (433 + :D), and the board (Manchester United) have just uped my transfer allowance from 4.8 million to 32.5 million.

Roxor.

But it'll soon be back down to 3.5 million - Frey is coming in to replace Carroll (grrr) and Martins is coming in to replace... Well, Rooney, who is pretty crap.

Doing good though, top by a point just before Christmas...

...Come on you Devils!
Tue 12/04/05 at 21:18
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
I and Mav are considering buying this, but Master League on Pro Evo 4 is taking up most of our gaming lives... And Splitters 3.
Mon 11/04/05 at 23:14
Regular
"betterthanmoneymake"
Old Topic...but still a great game

anyone played an online game???
great stuff
Fri 25/02/05 at 22:05
Regular
Argh. Stop talking about it, you're making me want it now.

I've been thinking about getting a new PC Game for quite a while but I can only get one that doesn't require alot a beasty PC cause I only have a average PC and a fairly good Laptop so FM2005 should be able to work on my Laptop but i'm not sure.

I got so addicted to Champ Man that I had to snap the disc in half to stop me playing it so much...only to find that my nan had got it for my Bday a couple of weeks later.
Fri 25/02/05 at 19:58
Regular
"Better Than You"
I was almost at the end of the season with Bradford City before my computer broke, so now it's gone and I'll have to start a new one, but I was 10th and a few points off the play offs with some half decent players and signing a few decent players at the end of the season on a free. That's one of the annoying parts, taking ages to offer everyone a contract when theirs are running out it takes you ages to do January and February because of it.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.