GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Football Manager '05"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Football Manager 2005'.
Fri 18/02/05 at 15:26
Regular
"Incomprehendible"
Is dangerously addictive, almost impossibly deep, and is a truly marvellous management spectacle.

It is also frustrating beyond words, often truly ridiculous and is a cause of premature mental instability.

I love Football Manager '05
Page:
Tue 03/05/05 at 18:43
Regular
"Mozzy"
[URL]http://img206.echo.cx/img206/4406/fm20052qh.jpg[/URL]

My squad if anyones interested.
Tue 03/05/05 at 19:05
Regular
"Bicycle"
Go to options then de-select "Play in FullScreen".
Tue 03/05/05 at 19:08
Regular
"Bicycle"
Also - how the f... did you get enough money to pay for that?

And you need some good strikers. I recommend Miccoli (£18m)... Also, change the formation if you've been using it for a season or so.
Tue 03/05/05 at 19:25
Regular
He obviously cheated...I mean someone who wins the premiership and then says their defence is crap... :S
Tue 03/05/05 at 21:46
Regular
"The Red Shift"
The true freaky/gay/"fun" side of this game was reflected by the last 10 minutes of my game team.

I play Man U and beat them 7-0 to clinch the Prem.

I then face them in the CL final and lose 3-1.

Explain.
Tue 03/05/05 at 22:41
Regular
"Bicycle"
Aye.

Played Portsmouth 3 (!!!) times in a row, one Prem, then FA Cup 5th and Rep. First, 4-0. Second, 2-2. Last, 3-1.

Kept nearly exactly same team, and though I didn't lose, I'm feeling my tactic has been cracked after only half a season. And that, my friends, sucks.

It appears SIgames has the rather twisted ideas that anyone can come up with tactics on the fly... I generally come up with a couple of new ones each season, however if I devise one that starts getting amazing results - 4-0, 7-0, etc (3-1 vs. Chelski) - I don't bother with a second. And that tactic has now, evidently been cracked.

B*******.
Wed 04/05/05 at 07:40
Regular
"Mozzy"
Yes I cheated a bit...well, a big bit.

I just gave my team a little bit more money...okay then I gave them £100 million.

>:D

I know theres is a way you can cheat and get players for nothing but I can't be bothered to look around for it and tbh I don't really want to do that.

Who was it who said I need a striker? I already have Reyes and A.Johnson and I have Aliadiere and Kanu as subs.

I was told Tevez is one of the best strikers on the game so I might try and get him.

Oh and cheers whoever told me how to do that thing with the screen.

Edit:

Coin wrote:
> And you need some good strikers. I recommend Miccoli (£18m)...
> Also, change the formation if you've been using it for a season or
> so.

Miccoli? I'll compare him with Tevez cause I think they're around the same price. As for my formation, I always leave it like that but until I see the opposition's formation and if I feel I need to change mine I will, if not i'll just play a standard 442 formation and change it during the match.

The reason why im still not winning my games is because almost all of my team is foriegn so i'll need to let them settle in by playing a few games and trying to keep their morale up.

Fabregas however has been with me since the beggining of the season and still plays poorly in almost every match he plays, I don't know why but everytime he gets the ball he tries long passes and ends up giving the other team a goal kick or ends up loosing the ball.

I'll keep him until mid-season and if he doesn't improve i'll sell him, I need the money now anyway. Got all of these great players and hardly any money. :P
Wed 04/05/05 at 17:24
Regular
"Mozzy"
Huzzah! CL Draw and I have Benifica, BATE and Inter in the group one stages!

Thats good news, I should definately beat BATE and Benifica. Inter will murder me but i'll still go through and hopefully i'll be lucky in the next round!
Wed 04/05/05 at 17:38
Regular
"Bicycle"
It's not just about players stats, you know... There are loads of other influences...
Wed 04/05/05 at 17:50
Regular
"Mozzy"
Yeh I know, thats probably why my team aren't playing as good as they should be. I can't find a formation that actually works for me so im experimenting with loads of different ones every so often.

I just played Everton, I was 2-0 down until 84 mins when Gerrard shot a 30 yarder and scored! I still didn't think i'd score another in time so I replaced Reyes with Kanu and then Kanu managed to score from a corner!

I can't beleive I actually managed a draw with them though, it was so unexpected.
Deportivo are buying Fabregas from me and im currently trying to get rid of McKenzie, i've got too many Strikers. I've made a bid for Tevez and if I get him it will probabaly be my last transfer for the whole season as I already have a good team, this season im going to try to get a decent formation.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.