GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Football Manager '05"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Football Manager 2005'.
Fri 18/02/05 at 15:26
Regular
"Incomprehendible"
Is dangerously addictive, almost impossibly deep, and is a truly marvellous management spectacle.

It is also frustrating beyond words, often truly ridiculous and is a cause of premature mental instability.

I love Football Manager '05
Page:
Fri 14/10/05 at 13:12
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Blooming hell Kirkland only got a 7? What a 'mare of a game for him :-D

Highest i've had is a 13-0 win over some non-league team a couple of Champ Man's back. I'll organise some friendlies against some Australian teams or some other poor team and see if i can beat that :-D
Thu 13/10/05 at 22:13
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Terry cost me a lot, but he really is solid.

I'm trying to get King now to partner him, but Tottenham wont let him go, which is peeing King off.

Adriano is a class striker, as is Ronaldo and there's a young Italian in the Arsenal reserves who is quite handy too.

But if you want a bloke who scores like there's no tomorrow and can defend, get Hargreeves...Just kidding. He's scored about 7 goals in 2 seasons and 4 of those were in one game.

Here's the screen. My biggest ever win.

[URL]http://img247.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bigwin1oj.jpg[/URL]
Thu 13/10/05 at 21:58
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
Tis a lone striker. I'll check out cavenghini. Chelsea are reluctant to let go of Terry.
Thu 13/10/05 at 21:24
"LOLLERSKATES!"
£60 million, heh...

Well fernando cavenaghi is your best bet for a striker, although he only seems to play good when he has another striker to play with. If you're you playing a lone striker i'd recommend Dagoberto, but otherwise cavenaghi is your man, and if you've got £60 million to spend, i'd say buy another striker for him to play with because he really is that good, but if you just want a lone attacker, Dagoberto is your best option, you should get him for under £20 million.

And a defender (central i presume) phillipe mexes or christian chivu are both very good maybe chivu is slightly better, but john terry is also very handy to have,a good defender, and he'll get you stackloads of goals from corners.
Thu 13/10/05 at 21:08
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
Right - In January, I'll have £60M to spend. I need a striker to replace Pongolle and a solid central defender to replace Ayala. Any suggestions?
Thu 13/10/05 at 19:48
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Mav wrote:
> Is Ramos any good?
>
> I only ask because I want to know whether or not it's worthwhile
> looking through the 50-odd returns when you search for him...

He'll be playing for Sevilla i believe, or at least that's where he was in my game.

Haven't got him in my squad yet as the transfer window is still closed so he's coming in the summer however for Sevilla he has a 7.68 rating with 4 MOM's from 18 starts
Thu 13/10/05 at 19:11
Regular
"Bicycle"
I can't win anymore... My tactic has been "cracked" and I've lost my first game in yonks.

So, FM 2005, looks like you throw up some challenges in the 4th season.
Thu 13/10/05 at 19:00
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
I'm bringing in some new youngersters at the end of the season to replace Hypia and Thuram. Also selling Serhat and bringing in Adu for free.
Thu 13/10/05 at 18:57
Regular
Is Ramos any good?

I only ask because I want to know whether or not it's worthwhile looking through the 50-odd returns when you search for him...
Thu 13/10/05 at 18:15
"LOLLERSKATES!"
Cycloon wrote:
> ßìgGíË Li††lÊ Jn® wrote:
> >FC ronaldo / Eto'o / saviola
> FC torres / henry / cavenaghi
>
> That's just mean

Well i can't play saviola anyway because he's on loan. Cavenaghi and torres will be my starting strikers, however, followed by ronaldo the henry
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.