GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"A message to Valve."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Counter-Strike: Source'.
Fri 18/02/05 at 21:17
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
Get rid of Steam, and let us play CS like ANY OTHER NORMAL GAME.

"Updating Steam platform"

"Downloading updates for Counter Strike: Source"

"Steam has encountered an error and must shut down"

"Steam has detected that your game files are corrupt and will now redownload GCF files"

"cannot connect to Steam network"

ffs

Good idea with regards to anti-piracy, but the implementation is absolutely awful.
Fri 18/02/05 at 22:44
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
EVERYTHING I DID ON HL2

GONE

GONE
Fri 18/02/05 at 22:43
Regular
"The definitive tag"
Steam does nothing properly. It once said that I couldn't sign into my account but it gave me no indication why. After a long while, I decided to uninstall Half Life 2 which made things a hell of a lot worse. If it's gonna mess up on me, then I at least want to know why.
Fri 18/02/05 at 22:43
Regular
Yeah the b*tches have somehow managed to screw up the offline Half-life 2 side. "Can not connect to Steam Network blah blah blah".
Fri 18/02/05 at 22:41
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Any music I get is as a sampler. If I like it I get the album. Don't/Can't download games and films.
Fri 18/02/05 at 22:40
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
Other games prevent people from playing online with illegal copies without using crap launching programs, why should CS be any different?
Because it crashed while updating, it corrupted my files.

Then when I uninstalled Steam to try and make it connect again, it deleted HL2 and CS as well, including my savegames...
since when did "uninstall Steam" mean the same as "uninstall all my games"?
It gave no indication that it would affect HL2 at all. In fact, it was still in my programs list but all the files were non-existent.

I've just spent the last hour reinstalling my games, decrypting them and getting the updates all because of Steam messing up.
Fri 18/02/05 at 22:37
Regular
"Captain to you."
monkey_man wrote:
> I think it's great. The amount of time and effort they've put into
> ensuring we get a fantastic gaming experience for the amount we pay,
> and the amount we pay guaranteeing they can continue to produce
> excellent games...why should someone get that for free when we have
> to pay?

I assume your talking about anti-piracy. there arn't really any games that are completely protected, CSS and half-life2 have pirate releases. Steam was quite a good idea, and i can see other companies trying a similar thing.

Can you honestly say you have never downloaded music or something you shouldn't on the net? not many people can, i can't i'm a filthy pirate i have excepted it.
Fri 18/02/05 at 22:32
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I think it's great. The amount of time and effort they've put into ensuring we get a fantastic gaming experience for the amount we pay, and the amount we pay guaranteeing they can continue to produce excellent games...why should someone get that for free when we have to pay?
Fri 18/02/05 at 21:36
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
Well, you can't play CSS or HL2DM without Steam anyway.

Their system obviously can't handle the stress. This is the second time in the last few weeks that there has been a mass failure making it impossible for a large number of users to sign in.
Fri 18/02/05 at 21:34
Regular
"The definitive tag"
Lipe wrote:
> Forget e-mailing Valve...their forums are much better.

Already gave up on emailing them.
Fri 18/02/05 at 21:33
Regular
Forget e-mailing Valve...their forums are much better.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.