GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Final Fantasy Battle System"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Final Fantasy XIII'.
Fri 18/02/05 at 22:15
Regular
"member of dogg poun"
What does everyone think of the Final Fantasy battle system? I think all the Final Fantasy games were perfect up till X. X-2 battle system is a step in the right direction but still not as good as FF7 ect.
Sun 20/02/05 at 19:06
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> Not really.
> You can't rate something higher than "one of the best games of
> all time' which it is.

Indeed
Sun 20/02/05 at 19:02
"period drama"
Not really.
You can't rate something higher than "one of the best games of all time' which it is.
Sun 20/02/05 at 18:43
Regular
"I play the Harmonic"
FF7 is SO over-rated.
Sun 20/02/05 at 18:00
Regular
"member of dogg poun"
If it is a PSone you have or a PS2 MAKE sure to get Final Fantasy VII (special reserve still have stock i think). Many Final Fantasy Fans such as myself say that this is the best Final Fantasy sso far. You have to see how good the graphics are and the gameplay is breath-taking.
The storyline is absolutely incredible and at one point made my weep slightly. Anyway enough of the review! Please make sure you have the chance to play this gem of a game.
Sun 20/02/05 at 16:04
"For the horde!!!!"
I hope it is turn based combat, i'm getting into the first Finale fantasy at the moment and it's great.
Sun 20/02/05 at 10:09
Regular
"member of dogg poun"
Kawada wrote:
> They still have the turn based battles though right? If it's live
> action combot that's me already put off the game
>
> and yea the sphere grid was one of the few redeeming featuers for me
> in FFX. Added some strategy to your levelling decisions

The battles will always be turn based in Final Fantasy games, but its the way they go about them that i don't like. Square_Enix is trying to get new Final Fantasy fans, which is fine but they are changing some of the classic ingredients which make the game series so good.
Sun 20/02/05 at 00:25
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Kawada wrote:
> They still have the turn based battles though right?

Not sure, but I would think the battles were turn-based as they always have been in the past. So they'll probably do what they always do, give players the option to switch between turn-based or real-time.
Sat 19/02/05 at 23:58
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
They still have the turn based battles though right? If it's live action combot that's me already put off the game

and yea the sphere grid was one of the few redeeming featuers for me in FFX. Added some strategy to your levelling decisions
Sat 19/02/05 at 23:56
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
I was a huge fan of the Sphere Grid system in FFX, so much so that seeing this thread has made me start playing the game again, from scratch...

As for the battle systems to me they're always the same:

Enemy pops up out of nowhere
Kill enemy
Rinse and repeat.

But the thing I love most is that it's not real-time, so you're not forced to pause the game to answer the phone, you can just leave it running and have all the time in the world to work out what to do next if you're having a particularly tricky fight.

XII looks to be a bit of a departure in that there don't appear to be random encounters anymore, you can see the enemies on-screen and avoid them if you wish.
Sat 19/02/05 at 18:05
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
Oh yeah, it was really different to the ATB in X. Just instead of a bar it gives you enough time to doublecast Ultima. *shrugs*

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.