GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Things i've noticed from Euro 2004"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 26/06/04 at 15:33
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
In a kind of tribute to the section of Soccer AM where they get a footballer to tell you what they've gained from the beautiful game i thought i'd make a post saying what i've gained and noticed from Euro 2004. (Will basically be me slagging of the refs and England team in disguise but whatever :-D)

I've noticed from Euro 2004 that the French and David Beckham are vastly over-rated and that Man United obviously saw Real Madrid coming.

I've noticed from Euro 2004 that the 6 yard box seems a favourite camping spot for our boys during matches that have a positive 1-0 scoreline.

I've noticed from Euro 2004 the Swiss are about as neutral as George Dubya's middle east policy.

I've noticed from Euro 2004 just how much more attractive the Portugese and Italian ladies are then the english girls.

I've noticed from Euro 2004 that the question of whether cloning should be allowed should be a resounding yes and the sooner Collina gets in the cloning chambers the better.

I've noticed from Euro 2004 that god awful referres are not just a Premiership thing (talking for the whole tournament before anyway starts about how i'm bitter about the Swiss fool. That defeat was down to negative tactics and a crap display. End of)

I've noticed from Euro 2004 that you're no longer to make any physical attempt to touch the ball apparently. Any contact with a player will result in a foul.

I've noticed from Euro 2004 that if you raise your foot above ankle height you will be penalised.

I've noticed from Euro 2004 that beaches are not just confined to areas where lots of water is nearby.

I've noticed from Euro 2004 that a bit of spitting is deemed more serious to a players health then a good chopping down to the ground.

I've noticed from Euro 2004 that Rio has nothing to worry about when getting his place back after his ban

I've noticed from Euro 2004 that there has been more England flags waved in Portugal these past 2 weeks then i've seen for the whole of my 19 years alive. Not considered racist these few weeks why exactly is it the rest of the time a major sporting event isn't being held?

I've noticed from Euro 2004 that i haven't watched terrestial tv for ages now.

I've noticed from Euro 2004 that plasters on the ears is not a good fashion statement.

I've noticed from Euro 2004 that the Italians whine even more then the English when it comes to football.

I've noticed from Euro 2004 that the form book gets thrown out the window.

I've noticed from Euro 2004 just how good it feels to see the French lose and go home.

I've noticed from Euro 2004 just how rubbish english commentary is, get those lads from the Argentine football to do the commentary, goooooooooallllllllll. (Or better yet the jokey commentary from Soccer AM)

I've noticed just how long this post is getting so i'll end it here :-D Ah well that's my moan for the whole tournament stuck in one post to save me putting little bits in different posts. :-D

All that's left to be said is bring on World Cup 2006 where i'll be cheering on the USA and Japan.
Sat 26/06/04 at 19:18
Regular
"The Red Shift"
that's not what the paranoid voices in my head are saying!
Sat 26/06/04 at 19:14
Regular
"Colourless"
Clazon wrote:
> I can't believe that some of you guys have been saying rio could
> breeze his way back.

Just lalakersrule....
Sat 26/06/04 at 17:52
Regular
"The Red Shift"
I've noticed that england are not tournament winners in any sport.

" " how lazy and slow spanish football is (regarding beckhams change in fitness)

" " football is undenyably the best sport in the world.

" " FIFA are always a mile off with their instructions to refs on how to do their job.

" " all penalty areas should be cultivated with the dutch lighting method.

" " football players are over rated and over payed.
Sat 26/06/04 at 17:43
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
I've noticed from Euro 2004 that there is nothing quite like a major football tournament.
Sat 26/06/04 at 17:33
Regular
"The Red Shift"
I can't believe that some of you guys have been saying rio could breeze his way back.

campbell never has and never will fail us in a big tournament. It's rediculous to say get rio in there straight away. campbell has to have one of the places because he is litterally a rock when england are under pressure.

rio and him had a great partnership at the WC and terry and sol have been solid in euro 04.

In short, it's got to be campbell and terry for a while until rio gains his fitness and then we'll see who should be the spine of our team.
Sat 26/06/04 at 15:48
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Colourless wrote:
> lalakersrule wrote:

> I've noticed from Euro 2004 that beaches are not just confined to
> areas where lots of water is nearby.
>
> Did you not know this one after the incident at the Bridge. I was at
> that game. So funny.

Well yea but any chance for a good moan :-D
Sat 26/06/04 at 15:41
Regular
"Colourless"
Wtf. There is no Q in quarters.

Oh crap. So there is.
Sat 26/06/04 at 15:41
Regular
You missed out the Q in quarters.
Sat 26/06/04 at 15:39
Regular
"Colourless"
lalakersrule wrote:
> I've noticed from Euro 2004 that the question of whether cloning
> should be allowed should be a resounding yes and the sooner Collina
> gets in the cloning chambers the better.

Him and Anders Frisk. Best refs in the world. Collina can't have the final because they said they'll give it to a quarter/wuarter final ref, and Collina has a semi final tie. So I hope Frisk gets it.

> I've noticed from Euro 2004 that you're no longer to make any
> physical attempt to touch the ball apparently. Any contact with a
> player will result in a foul.

Another to add to this is that if the England team win two headers in a row, it is automatically a free kick to the other side.

> I've noticed from Euro 2004 that beaches are not just confined to
> areas where lots of water is nearby.

Did you not know this one after the incident at the Bridge. I was at that game. So funny.

> I've noticed from Euro 2004 that Rio has nothing to worry about when
> getting his place back after his ban

Rio's no better than JT or Sol, but I think we should swap a bit or play all three of them. Would help sure the defence up.

> I've noticed from Euro 2004 that plasters on the ears is not a good
> fashion statement.

Ronaldo's new haricut it better though...

> I've noticed from Euro 2004 just how good it feels to see the French
> lose and go home.

True.

> I've noticed from Euro 2004 just how rubbish english commentary is,
> get those lads from the Argentine football to do the commentary,
> goooooooooallllllllll. (Or better yet the jokey commentary from
> Soccer AM)

David Pleat....why do they bother. And could someone please tell Joe Royle that we do not have a centre back called LESLEY King....
Sat 26/06/04 at 15:33
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
In a kind of tribute to the section of Soccer AM where they get a footballer to tell you what they've gained from the beautiful game i thought i'd make a post saying what i've gained and noticed from Euro 2004. (Will basically be me slagging of the refs and England team in disguise but whatever :-D)

I've noticed from Euro 2004 that the French and David Beckham are vastly over-rated and that Man United obviously saw Real Madrid coming.

I've noticed from Euro 2004 that the 6 yard box seems a favourite camping spot for our boys during matches that have a positive 1-0 scoreline.

I've noticed from Euro 2004 the Swiss are about as neutral as George Dubya's middle east policy.

I've noticed from Euro 2004 just how much more attractive the Portugese and Italian ladies are then the english girls.

I've noticed from Euro 2004 that the question of whether cloning should be allowed should be a resounding yes and the sooner Collina gets in the cloning chambers the better.

I've noticed from Euro 2004 that god awful referres are not just a Premiership thing (talking for the whole tournament before anyway starts about how i'm bitter about the Swiss fool. That defeat was down to negative tactics and a crap display. End of)

I've noticed from Euro 2004 that you're no longer to make any physical attempt to touch the ball apparently. Any contact with a player will result in a foul.

I've noticed from Euro 2004 that if you raise your foot above ankle height you will be penalised.

I've noticed from Euro 2004 that beaches are not just confined to areas where lots of water is nearby.

I've noticed from Euro 2004 that a bit of spitting is deemed more serious to a players health then a good chopping down to the ground.

I've noticed from Euro 2004 that Rio has nothing to worry about when getting his place back after his ban

I've noticed from Euro 2004 that there has been more England flags waved in Portugal these past 2 weeks then i've seen for the whole of my 19 years alive. Not considered racist these few weeks why exactly is it the rest of the time a major sporting event isn't being held?

I've noticed from Euro 2004 that i haven't watched terrestial tv for ages now.

I've noticed from Euro 2004 that plasters on the ears is not a good fashion statement.

I've noticed from Euro 2004 that the Italians whine even more then the English when it comes to football.

I've noticed from Euro 2004 that the form book gets thrown out the window.

I've noticed from Euro 2004 just how good it feels to see the French lose and go home.

I've noticed from Euro 2004 just how rubbish english commentary is, get those lads from the Argentine football to do the commentary, goooooooooallllllllll. (Or better yet the jokey commentary from Soccer AM)

I've noticed just how long this post is getting so i'll end it here :-D Ah well that's my moan for the whole tournament stuck in one post to save me putting little bits in different posts. :-D

All that's left to be said is bring on World Cup 2006 where i'll be cheering on the USA and Japan.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.