GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Weddings - A Big Waste of Cash?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 21/06/04 at 10:55
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
A subject that is close to my heart and my purse at the moment. I'm not asking for any advice from anyone. I will be getting married, and it will end up costing somewhere between 5 and 8 grand for that one day.

Obviously I'm being frugal. From different sources I've found average wedding price stated as anywhere from £12,000 to £18,000. I'm hoping to be around £6,000. But still, when else would you spend that much money on celebrating one day? and is it worth it? I'm interested in being a married woman, not in having a huge party where everything is calculated to impress wealthier relatives and friends. I've suggested having a small wedding with My Mum and Dad and Grandma, and The Ogre's Mum, Dad, Grandie and Sister, but nothing doing, the Ogre keeps saying oh but we have to invite [insert random relative/friend/stranger]. My Mum and Dad keep saying oh but we have to invite [insert random parent's friends I've never met].

but my mind just boggles at the amount of money we will be spending. If the wedding lasted for 10 hours, that's £600 an hour. That's £10 a minute. Thats stupid money. I could buy a CD for every minute for 10 hours for that money. I could buy a car, or have 10% deposit (for this area) on a very nice house.

Still I have the final laugh, spoilt brat (and only child) that I am, my parents are paying for it.
Mon 21/06/04 at 15:52
"Darth Vader 3442321"
Grix Thraves wrote:
> the sagacious one wrote:
> Remember marriage may be expensive but the ability to destroy an
> entire planet is insignificant compared to the power of the force.
>
> That made me burst out loud laughing, thank you

It's no laughing matter. Young Annakin married that young lady and then when he gets a bit annoyed with her, he turned into Darth Vader.

A lesson for us all.
Mon 21/06/04 at 14:57
Regular
I'd never spend that type of money on a wedding knowing it could have been spent getting my dream car.

M3>wedding
Mon 21/06/04 at 14:51
Regular
the sagacious one wrote:
> Remember marriage may be expensive but the ability to destroy an
> entire planet is insignificant compared to the power of the force.

That made me burst out loud laughing, thank you
Mon 21/06/04 at 14:14
Regular
the force is strong in this one.
Mon 21/06/04 at 14:13
"Darth Vader 3442321"
Remember marriage may be expensive but the ability to destroy an entire planet is insignificant compared to the power of the force.
Mon 21/06/04 at 14:03
Regular
yes
Mon 21/06/04 at 13:23
Regular
"SOUP!"
It's expensive, yet, but it's a day you'll remember for the rest of your life. Can you compare a happy memory of the "best day of your life" in comparison to any sum of money?
Mon 21/06/04 at 13:13
Regular
Rosalind wrote:
> You wouldn't have to waste the money, I've got a dungeon already..
>

You could get some new manacles and whips for your dungeon then.

"hi i'm rosalind and these are my husbands Grix and Ogre" thats an interesting conversation starter.

Like grix's profiteering though, marries a young lady and makes money!
Mon 21/06/04 at 13:11
Regular
Weddings are the biggest waste of money ever. 15000 for a day is obscene, i'd only want to do it if it really meant a lot to my fiancee. Receptions are cool, sit down meals are such a rip off, buffets are definitely the way to go. I'd quite like to get married and have a reception outdoors now i think about it, and you can get married now outdoors. Bit of a risk but knowing me i'd gamble the weather and get lucky, i am like weather man, when ever i need no rain i seem to get it!
Weddings are rip offs. You could get married on the sly abroad with only a few close family on a beach!
Mon 21/06/04 at 13:10
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
You wouldn't have to waste the money, I've got a dungeon already..

or so the rumour goes.

True Story

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.