GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"So England need to win tonight?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 17/06/04 at 10:27
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
I'm hoping they lose, and once they do, I'll be laughing at the deadly serious football conversations taking place and the bitter disappointment radiating throughout wherever I am at that time.

I f***** cannot stand football, and the blind cattle “if you don’t like it you must be a f@gg0t” attitude that surrounds the sport.

No, I don’t like it. It bores me. I couldn’t give a damn if we do well, or even were allowed into the Euro 2004 competition in the first place.

This coming from a Geordie, one of the people who is supposed to eat / drink / sleep / beat the wife up to the Shearer chant / live football?

You betcha...................

I've better things to do.

[edit]Supposed to be in general chat. Can't be bothered to repost.
Thu 17/06/04 at 23:41
Regular
Er...
Thu 17/06/04 at 23:11
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Mav wrote:
> Cyclone wrote:
> That advert with 'Peace passion, pride' etc - Mastercard. Are they
> English emotions? No. They're human.
>
> So?

So? It pi*ses me off.

F**king swear filter!
Thu 17/06/04 at 23:02
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
I can understand why you wouldn't like football, it's not for everyone. But I don't understand why some people who don't like it say 'I hope they lose'. Exactly that's the mentality behind that? Because you don't like the sport, you hope we lose at it? Why? Because you don't understand it? Because you don't enjoy it? Because you're sick of people talking about it?
Thu 17/06/04 at 20:46
Regular
Cyclone wrote:
> That advert with 'Peace passion, pride' etc - Mastercard. Are they
> English emotions? No. They're human.

So?
Thu 17/06/04 at 19:43
Regular
"gsybe you!"
It's an obsession for many. Patriotism is an ironic and mixed bag. Personally, I like football. I don't consider it to be the be all end all, and I certainly would not have all these flags up. Not because 'oh my god, an Englishman is so oppressed cause of all these foreigners, i'm just showing my true colours', or even because England are in a tournament (one of the only times we see such fervour). I just don't want to join the jibbering monkeys who use the flag for other means. I love the land I live in. The people? Like anywhere, I love many and dislike many. Change the flag to any other nation, and the same situation occurs.

That advert with 'Peace passion, pride' etc - Mastercard. Are they English emotions? No. They're human.
Thu 17/06/04 at 19:37
Regular
"Led Zeppelin"
3-0 England wasn't playing very and giving away freekicks, not a good sign.
Thu 17/06/04 at 18:37
Regular
"the burning sky"
I'll watch the games for a bit of entertainment, but i dont get caught up in the whole thing. It's just a bit of a laugh really, and i'm not too bothered if England lose, unlike some of the English 'tards in Europe at the moment...

And as i post this, it's 3-0 England...
Thu 17/06/04 at 18:08
Regular
Sometimes I get caught up watching the games, find them entertaining. But when you look at the Samaritan call rates peaking after last weeks game that England lost, you've really gotta wonder.

Kinda makes you think 'what if these people lost something that was actually -worth- something'. I plea with myself not to take too much seriously, but the attitude people take worries me. I can't work out if it's a good idea to stop myself from worrying.

I don't tend to bother taking part in things I don't fully understand, patriotism being one such thing. I'll choose my country, not be chosen, thank you.
Thu 17/06/04 at 17:29
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
A cheer from outside means England scored I guess?

I'm with Pand on this one, loathe football and the faux patriotism it promotes with the mouthbreathers draping St George (a Turk) flags from their cars/windows etc.

If this was my world, you'd all be shot in the face and dragged through the streets.
Thu 17/06/04 at 17:26
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Azul wrote:
> MoJoJoJo wrote:
> I'll be missing the game because I'll be at work. Boo hoo.
>
> OH MY GOD, SWITZERLAND JUST SCORED A HAT TRICK IN 2 MINUTES!!!1

Switzerland scored a hat trick?

Who's he?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.