GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"EXTRA FILMADAY PRIZE (UKps2.com)"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 22/04/01 at 19:58
Regular
This one will be judged by Ali on Monday April 30th.

Just list out what you would like to see on the home page of UKps2.com.

Take a look at it (there's a link to the left).
What should there be more of?
What's missing?
What is there too much of?
What are your suggestions?

You can post them in one post, or post several times.

The best set of suggestions will win an extra Filmaday prize.

Beware - we don't want our page loading time to go up.
Thu 26/04/01 at 08:13
Regular
"Sanity is for loser"
This could be put in all discussions. Whenever someone mentions a game or piece of hardware you sell, link to it! Whether they want to or not. So if someone writes ....The DVD REMOTE is very useful.... DVD REMOTE becomes a hyperlink automatically?
Thu 26/04/01 at 23:04
okay i will begin

The background that you are currently using is perfect and there is no reason to change it, this is becuase it would make the other pages out of order.

I think there should be a link on the site for quick access to the ps2 forums and the game forums so that you can see the latest playstation 2 news from fans.

There is to much space being taken up by the news and GAD/FAD winners quotes.

Instead of having the releases on friday you should add a bigger list or a link so you can see what other games are out. Then there could be a pre order service.

(I remember before i knew about GAD/FAD i came to this site by trial and error in the address board. I found your site usefull for release dates)

On the list all games it is very scruffy because you cant find the game you want because it is not in alphabetical order, it would be much easier in alphabetical order in my opinion.

Possibly you could add readers latest reviews because you might get more sales that way.

Have the latest readers reviews that would be good.

Have a link for uk disscussions.

If ps2's are now in large stock you could get rid of order your ps2 and change to buy your ps2.

Surely ps2 memory cards would come under peripharals so that could be added to save space.

To add space you could consider removing the news section and replace it with the whole FAD/GAD posts but this could be scruffy

Don't add animations because they are not very proffesional.

Maybe you could add a link to latest topic on are message boards.

How about a small version of the top 10 selling ps2 games linked to the reviews. This would fit perfectly into that small gap that leaves a bug white hole.

An alternative to this would be to have a description of ps2 with stats and all in the uk ps2 and build around that. That could fill the space with ease.

Thats all for now

Sat 28/04/01 at 11:12
Having an email box would take up alot of space.

You could write something like.

The freshes game news sent directly to your email.

A link to gameaday/filmaday would be usefull too.

Much less news and bigger fonts to take up more room.

Bigger links to cheats,acceaserories and others.
Sat 28/04/01 at 11:24
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
I think you should leave, it looks good as it is, like the rest of the pages, change is bad.
Mon 30/04/01 at 00:14
"Uzi Lover"
There should be more indications that all the products are for PS2.

You could include a PS2 Poll, it would help buyers make up their minds from existing PS2 owners. Make the poll PS2 realted, such as buying, or what they are looking forward to most, or what the PS2 Boasts the best out of all of its capabilites.

Include a short introduction on the page about what the PS2 is and what it can do. This could include pictures or a links that take the customer to more infomation, fast. You could include a customers view of his/her new system (PS2)

Make the banners which are displayed on UkPS2.com a bit more PS2 realted or include a smaller banner on the page as well as your existing one.

UkPS2.com is sure to have the most newbies to the site so add a bigger, bolder link to Gameaday & Filmaday.

Indicate that PS2 also plays DVD's more too.

Let UkPS2.com users have their own chat facility like that of FOG's, UkPS2.com seems to be the second most popular forum.

Include a bigger, bolder link to the PS2 forum.

Mon 30/04/01 at 00:16
"Uzi Lover"
The product links on the right side of ukps2.com are mixed up.

Seperate the software from the hardware and show the type it is.

Include longer explainations of these products beneath.
Mon 30/04/01 at 00:19
"Uzi Lover"
There should be more things that bring the customer back to ukps2.com for all their PS2 needs.

News should only be about the PS2 and the place should feel more 'homey' to the PS2 owner.

Lets face it, most PS owners don't care/know about other consoles!
Mon 30/04/01 at 00:21
"Uzi Lover"
The news takes up alot of space with very little detail of the actual storys on the page.

The full infomation is given when the link is clicked.

So why not explain more with less storys and have a link for the user to view older ones at their own accord.

This would provide more space for other uses.
Mon 30/04/01 at 00:24
"Uzi Lover"
Have an area on the page which shows all the links to PS2 related clips,cheats,reviews etc.

Have them in a small noticable space.

Or have links showing the top 10 games, top 10 cheats, latest news etc.
Mon 30/04/01 at 00:25
"Uzi Lover"
Include a search bar that will only show PS2 products when searched for.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.