GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Short Story Competition 6"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 14/06/04 at 21:05
"period drama"
... about time ...

Anywho, with much apologies, the next topic title shall be:

Dust and Flame

Okay? Not too restictive, I hope.
I feel like a really crap teacher up here - but you must obey!

yeah

---------------

Rules:

1) Put SSC6 in front of your entry, followed by the punctuation of your choice (a dash? or will it be .... a colon? the semi? who knows ... ) then your title. Call it what you will.

2) No word limit. Chances are that if I don't finish reading something, it wouldn't win anyway. Ahar

3) The closing date is Friday the 2nd of July - that's almost almost 3 weeks.

[and max. 2 entries per person]

Gogogogogogogogogogogogogo.
moo

*drum roll*

WINNURZ!

3rd Place

Grix [URL]http://ukchatforums.reserve.co.uk/display_messages.php?threadid=104374&forumid=423[/URL]

Wonderfully innocent but haunting piece, simple style hiding something more complex. A great read.

2nd Place

Rickoss [URL]http://ukchatforums.reserve.co.uk/display_messages.php?threadid=104459&forumid=423¤tsort=desc[/URL]

Fantastic atmosphere and descriptions, stuck in the mind, tugged at the soul.

1st Place

Cyclone [URL]http://ukchatforums.reserve.co.uk/display_messages.php?threadid=103955&forumid=423[/URL]

Bloody fantastic descriptions (some of the best) at start and end. Slightly lagging in the middle, but a well-deserved win for an epic story.

Special Mentions:

Every single other person who entered..
I was very impressed at the quality of entires (*snigger*) - there's not a single story I wouldn't read again. Tough judging.
Wed 16/06/04 at 19:49
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Heh. Now why would I need to suck up to such a perfect being as yourself, Mr. FFF, sir?

*blushes*

Oh, and you can expect my piece before the week is out...
Wed 16/06/04 at 22:57
Regular
"SOUP!"
FFF, I'll have your head on a platter if you ignore my entry, you hear!
Wed 16/06/04 at 23:04
Regular
"Digging!"
I'll probably try to enter this one, as my exams will be over next week, but I can't promise anything, and don't expect it to be any good either :p ...
Wed 16/06/04 at 23:28
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Mine is up, and although I found it tricky, I may enter again. I enjoyed writing it, even though most of you will no doubt despise reading it, as it is utter poo.

Meh.
Thu 17/06/04 at 00:05
Regular
"Colourless"
I really suck at writing.

So I think I wont embarass myself by entering.
Thu 17/06/04 at 00:06
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Mine's up.

I don't hate it, which perhaps is a good sign. But it's been 3 minutes, so.
Thu 17/06/04 at 16:04
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
I will read soon Cyc, I'm in a bit of a rush at the mo.

:-)
Thu 17/06/04 at 18:33
"period drama"
I'm cut & pasting them to read when I can't go on the net, by the by.
Thu 17/06/04 at 21:09
"period drama"
And so I can read them in a serif font that won't make me see fuzzy rainbows, stupid SR.

>Remember the SSC site<
[URL]http://planetnintendo.co.uk/ssc/[/URL]
Thu 17/06/04 at 21:54
Regular
Um, by the way, I'm not sure Pb won The Well competition.. :P

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.