GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Short Story Competition 6"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 14/06/04 at 21:05
"period drama"
... about time ...

Anywho, with much apologies, the next topic title shall be:

Dust and Flame

Okay? Not too restictive, I hope.
I feel like a really crap teacher up here - but you must obey!

yeah

---------------

Rules:

1) Put SSC6 in front of your entry, followed by the punctuation of your choice (a dash? or will it be .... a colon? the semi? who knows ... ) then your title. Call it what you will.

2) No word limit. Chances are that if I don't finish reading something, it wouldn't win anyway. Ahar

3) The closing date is Friday the 2nd of July - that's almost almost 3 weeks.

[and max. 2 entries per person]

Gogogogogogogogogogogogogo.
moo

*drum roll*

WINNURZ!

3rd Place

Grix [URL]http://ukchatforums.reserve.co.uk/display_messages.php?threadid=104374&forumid=423[/URL]

Wonderfully innocent but haunting piece, simple style hiding something more complex. A great read.

2nd Place

Rickoss [URL]http://ukchatforums.reserve.co.uk/display_messages.php?threadid=104459&forumid=423¤tsort=desc[/URL]

Fantastic atmosphere and descriptions, stuck in the mind, tugged at the soul.

1st Place

Cyclone [URL]http://ukchatforums.reserve.co.uk/display_messages.php?threadid=103955&forumid=423[/URL]

Bloody fantastic descriptions (some of the best) at start and end. Slightly lagging in the middle, but a well-deserved win for an epic story.

Special Mentions:

Every single other person who entered..
I was very impressed at the quality of entires (*snigger*) - there's not a single story I wouldn't read again. Tough judging.
Tue 15/06/04 at 09:42
Regular
Hmmm.... I was gonna b***er off for a bit, but I may stay for this. Lovely.

Blame FFF.
Tue 15/06/04 at 11:00
Regular
"Digging!"
OH, SSC5 finished? Damn, I had started an entry for that, i though it finished on the 21st, ah well...
Tue 15/06/04 at 11:35
Regular
"QPR 1974"
I say you move the closing date forward.
Tue 15/06/04 at 14:05
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Nice topic.

Excellent.
Tue 15/06/04 at 16:00
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Allred wrote:
> OH, SSC5 finished? Damn, I had started an entry for that, i though it
> finished on the 21st, ah well...

Yeah, unfortunately BG moved the date forward a week, blame his impatience. You can still post it though, and we'll give you feedback, you just won't be eligible for having it ranked.
Tue 15/06/04 at 16:54
Regular
There should be a rule that nobody can die...
Tue 15/06/04 at 16:57
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
...erm?
Tue 15/06/04 at 17:05
Regular
"eat toast!"
but violence makes stories so much better! a love tale can't be complete without a rival lover and the current lover having a showdown (Whilst the person at the same time going out with a third lover) or maybe a DIY dad fighting off another dad whos seeking revenge for his lost drill and hammer.
Tue 15/06/04 at 17:06
"LOLLERSKATES!"
Dust and flame, eh? what, do you have to right about a "dust and flame", or does it just have to appear in the story?
Tue 15/06/04 at 17:08
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Its got to appear in the story, and as much as possible.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.