GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Short Story Competition 6"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 14/06/04 at 21:05
"period drama"
... about time ...

Anywho, with much apologies, the next topic title shall be:

Dust and Flame

Okay? Not too restictive, I hope.
I feel like a really crap teacher up here - but you must obey!

yeah

---------------

Rules:

1) Put SSC6 in front of your entry, followed by the punctuation of your choice (a dash? or will it be .... a colon? the semi? who knows ... ) then your title. Call it what you will.

2) No word limit. Chances are that if I don't finish reading something, it wouldn't win anyway. Ahar

3) The closing date is Friday the 2nd of July - that's almost almost 3 weeks.

[and max. 2 entries per person]

Gogogogogogogogogogogogogo.
moo

*drum roll*

WINNURZ!

3rd Place

Grix [URL]http://ukchatforums.reserve.co.uk/display_messages.php?threadid=104374&forumid=423[/URL]

Wonderfully innocent but haunting piece, simple style hiding something more complex. A great read.

2nd Place

Rickoss [URL]http://ukchatforums.reserve.co.uk/display_messages.php?threadid=104459&forumid=423¤tsort=desc[/URL]

Fantastic atmosphere and descriptions, stuck in the mind, tugged at the soul.

1st Place

Cyclone [URL]http://ukchatforums.reserve.co.uk/display_messages.php?threadid=103955&forumid=423[/URL]

Bloody fantastic descriptions (some of the best) at start and end. Slightly lagging in the middle, but a well-deserved win for an epic story.

Special Mentions:

Every single other person who entered..
I was very impressed at the quality of entires (*snigger*) - there's not a single story I wouldn't read again. Tough judging.
Sun 04/07/04 at 23:25
Regular
I know, but remember that it's what the judge likes that wins, not which one is best! ;-P

:-)

I DID think up a topic just incase it did win (you have to prepare for these eventualities...) but it can wait. :-)
Sun 04/07/04 at 23:21
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Straf, I can't help but think you should have been in that top three. Ah well, I am looking muchly forward to an entry in SSC7 from you.

Oh, and I'll update the website...erm...sometime, people.
Sun 04/07/04 at 23:19
Regular
Well done people! :-)

Make 7 a good'n Cyclone! :-)
Sun 04/07/04 at 22:08
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Its purely because you're a rozzer. FFF told me so, I swear.
Sun 04/07/04 at 20:52
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
How come I never win?
Sun 04/07/04 at 18:30
Regular
Whoop!

Congrats Cyclone Rickoss :D
Sun 04/07/04 at 17:30
Regular
"Redness Returneth"
WeLl DoNe CyClOnE
Sun 04/07/04 at 16:12
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Thou art bitteru
Sun 04/07/04 at 13:39
Regular
"SOUP!"
"Boo"
Sun 04/07/04 at 13:07
Regular
"Better Than You"
Well I did not really have any time to do this one. Congrats winnars, and I might enter the next one, I'll see what the idea is like.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.