GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Right or wrong - you decide..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 08/06/04 at 13:28
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
[URL]http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/kent/3785785.stm[/URL]

Some little f**ker gets what's coming to him, his Dad should be grateful.
Tue 08/06/04 at 20:06
Regular
Very_Metal wrote:
> .. or if you do, take the keys, don't lose your car as well :)

Plus, you can slip the key between your knuckles and do some real damage :^D

Sure, they guy shouldn't have lost his rag, although to be honest, after some kid threw waterbombs and a brick at my car, endangering my life and others' as well as f***ing up my car, then when I caught him to take him to his parents he started swearing at me and giving me yet more crap, I can imagine I'd be pushed close to knocking the little c*** out too. And I think that you (yes You!) would be too :^)

It doesn't exactly justify the behaviour, but you can't blame someone for acting the way any one of us would at least be stongly tempted to act, when someone else puts him in that situation.

As for the kid, I have no sympathy at all. It looks like he won't get any more punishment after his beating, which frankly is a shame.
The courts should order another beating :^D
Tue 08/06/04 at 20:54
Regular
"Not a Jew"
Right.
But then again, if some guy beat the hell out of my kid I would do the same to him.
For all we know, the kid could just have been having a bit of fun and the driver overreacted or else the kid could be a devious little sh't.
Depends how you look at it.
Wed 09/06/04 at 02:23
Regular
Light wrote:

> YOU will yeah. So what's to say the guy in this report has been
> disciplining his kids?

"Mr Cooper believes Lewis was wrong to throw water bombs at a passing car, but said the resulting attack in a park off Broomfield Road in Swanscombe on 7 May was inexcusable."

Maybe not proper proof of discipline, but a sign that he's got some sort of integrity.
Yeah the kid was stupid and needed to be sorted, but physical violence wasn't necessary and if the damage was as bad as the report made out (although like you said, probably exadurated) that's way out of control.

I mean the kid was stupid, but he's a kid and has things to learn about this world. Needed discipline, yeah, but because of this attack he's gotten sympathy instead.
I can understand why the driver was angry, because it was a dangerous thing to do, but...

... just not the way to go about things...
Wed 09/06/04 at 06:30
Regular
If it was a kid from my neighbourhood, you'd definitely smack the runt up. They're all filth round here, smoking, thieving, vandalising, general troublecausing - all this before they even reach the age of 10.

If any of them provoked me in such a way, I'd definitely give 'em a dig. Plus, as Grix said, his face is enough excuse to give him a knuckle pasty!

Some kids just ask for it.

Although...

If it was my kid, I'd make sure the driver paid for what he did - then I'd ship my Son off to the circus for being a disgrace to the Family*

*may not go that far
Thu 10/06/04 at 23:53
Regular
RoJ wrote:
> Right.
> But then again, if some guy beat the hell out of my kid I would do
> the same to him.

Which would be more or less the same reaction that the driver had in the first place...
Fri 11/06/04 at 00:03
"I love yo... lamp."
I've had my car bricked whilst on the motorway before. It's not a pleasant experience as you don't know what hit you or what damage may have been done.

The thing that strikes me most is that the kid cheeked the driver back when he got caught. That makes me take the drivers side more than anything. If it was actually a brick then there would have been damage to the car and the driver would have been well within his rights ritually cutting the kids hands off in front of his parents. Or at least complaining to them. But coward kid just refused to say anything, so at that point he really deserved it.

The father sounds like a gold digger and little more. At the age of 12 I knew it wasn't big or clever to throw things at moving vehicles. So either the kid is simply a juvenile delinquent or the father isn't doing his job properly.

Sure, on the drivers part he shouldn't really have hit the boy, but I'd probably crack as well. Plus he was unable to even tell the boys parents.
Fri 11/06/04 at 00:05
Regular
"Balls"
Its obvious that the kid threw a brick as all rough kids (most these days are) do it as its ‘ard’. Once the kid threw it the drive must have got out the car and tried to talk to him, but as tradition goes the 'rat kid' as I like to call them would have been acting ‘ard’ and shouting abuse back. This would have enraged the driver and the drive lost his head punched the kid out of rage.

The kid is to blame if you look at the picture you can tell he looks like a troublemaker and deserves a good beating as he most likely proved the driver anyway.
Fri 11/06/04 at 00:08
Regular
"Balls"
Also the BBC are sided towards the kid as they can get good headlines from putting ‘kid gets beaten by motorist’ instead of ‘rough kid bricks car’

Which one would grab you attention more?

All kid that throw stuff at cars need a beating like that kid got.
Fri 11/06/04 at 12:18
Regular
"now speaks Japanese"
Does it matter what this kid has done. The courts should be the ones who have more power. If they did, kids might think before they act. Knowing that they would go to jail, might stop them. If my child had done that I would expect them to face The person appologise and explain themselves, then explain to the court. No one has the right to assault a child. Violence does not solve anything. He may have deserved a prison sentance and a shock. Not a beating.
Fri 11/06/04 at 12:22
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
mog wrote:
> He may have deserved a prison sentance and a shock. Not a beating.

I'm personally much rather have a good slapping than spend time in prison. Sorry.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.