GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Right or wrong - you decide..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 08/06/04 at 13:28
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
[URL]http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/kent/3785785.stm[/URL]

Some little f**ker gets what's coming to him, his Dad should be grateful.
Fri 11/06/04 at 19:36
Regular
"Led Zeppelin"
All right.
Fri 11/06/04 at 15:52
Regular
"Long time no see!"
If the boy had a "black eye that would not shut", then, surely, without the liquid that covers your eye each time you blink, one of his eyes would be all shriveled-up by now, right?

People will blow anything miles out-of-proportion when there's money about! :P

The kid certainly deserves to get something - especially is he did lug a brick through his window. This kind of thing seems to have become quite a regularity among youngsters and bridges these days, and it's about time someone started to actually do something about it (even CCTV Cameras would make a good start).

Then again, the grown-man hit a young-child, also. That cannot go amiss, no matter how frustrated he was and deserving the boy could've been.

I don't expect 'the right thing' to be done about it, however... :P
Fri 11/06/04 at 12:45
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
Both wrong.

Stick 'em both in prison and make 'em share a cell...

or something
Fri 11/06/04 at 12:36
Regular
Both did wrong, in my opinion.
Fri 11/06/04 at 12:22
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
mog wrote:
> He may have deserved a prison sentance and a shock. Not a beating.

I'm personally much rather have a good slapping than spend time in prison. Sorry.
Fri 11/06/04 at 12:18
Regular
"now speaks Japanese"
Does it matter what this kid has done. The courts should be the ones who have more power. If they did, kids might think before they act. Knowing that they would go to jail, might stop them. If my child had done that I would expect them to face The person appologise and explain themselves, then explain to the court. No one has the right to assault a child. Violence does not solve anything. He may have deserved a prison sentance and a shock. Not a beating.
Fri 11/06/04 at 00:08
Regular
"Balls"
Also the BBC are sided towards the kid as they can get good headlines from putting ‘kid gets beaten by motorist’ instead of ‘rough kid bricks car’

Which one would grab you attention more?

All kid that throw stuff at cars need a beating like that kid got.
Fri 11/06/04 at 00:05
Regular
"Balls"
Its obvious that the kid threw a brick as all rough kids (most these days are) do it as its ‘ard’. Once the kid threw it the drive must have got out the car and tried to talk to him, but as tradition goes the 'rat kid' as I like to call them would have been acting ‘ard’ and shouting abuse back. This would have enraged the driver and the drive lost his head punched the kid out of rage.

The kid is to blame if you look at the picture you can tell he looks like a troublemaker and deserves a good beating as he most likely proved the driver anyway.
Fri 11/06/04 at 00:03
"I love yo... lamp."
I've had my car bricked whilst on the motorway before. It's not a pleasant experience as you don't know what hit you or what damage may have been done.

The thing that strikes me most is that the kid cheeked the driver back when he got caught. That makes me take the drivers side more than anything. If it was actually a brick then there would have been damage to the car and the driver would have been well within his rights ritually cutting the kids hands off in front of his parents. Or at least complaining to them. But coward kid just refused to say anything, so at that point he really deserved it.

The father sounds like a gold digger and little more. At the age of 12 I knew it wasn't big or clever to throw things at moving vehicles. So either the kid is simply a juvenile delinquent or the father isn't doing his job properly.

Sure, on the drivers part he shouldn't really have hit the boy, but I'd probably crack as well. Plus he was unable to even tell the boys parents.
Thu 10/06/04 at 23:53
Regular
RoJ wrote:
> Right.
> But then again, if some guy beat the hell out of my kid I would do
> the same to him.

Which would be more or less the same reaction that the driver had in the first place...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.