GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Forrest Fan - A Question"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 05/06/04 at 13:41
Regular
"You've upset me"
I know everyone is fed-up with FF on this forum and about how every topic appears to gravitate towards him and his beliefs, but I have a genuine question for him.

If the Bible is all fact, as you have repeatedly claimed, then how can their be two creation stories, Genesis 1 & 2?
Sat 05/06/04 at 16:37
Regular
"it's a small thing"
If he has his beliefs i think you should respect that. Just like he should stop forcing his beliefs onto you!
Sat 05/06/04 at 16:43
Regular
"SOUP!"
RBS, the answer is simple.

All good fiction has a sequel.
Sat 05/06/04 at 16:53
Regular
"I like cheese"
Paradox: wrote:
> RBS, the answer is simple.
>
> All good fiction has a sequel.

Very clever comment, but I shall laugh at you down from Heaven.

{:)
Sat 05/06/04 at 17:07
Regular
"You've upset me"
Paradox wrote:
> something funny

Heh :-D

Forest Fan wrote:
> Genesis 2 only provides a more in depth look at the Creation of man
> and woman, found in Genesis 1 and further completes the account.

But in that case, why do they contradict eachother?

Why (in Genesis 1 I think) is women created after and from man, yet in the other man and women are created at the same time?
Sat 05/06/04 at 17:11
Regular
"RIP: Brian Clough"
RastaBillySkank wrote:

> Why (in Genesis 1 I think) is women created after and from man, yet
> in the other man and women are created at the same time?

"The LORD God fashioned into a woman the rib which He had taken from the man, and brought her to the man. The man said, "This is now bone of my bones, And flesh of my flesh; She shall be called Woman, Because she was taken out of Man." Genesis 2:22-23

Explain.
Sat 05/06/04 at 17:25
Regular
"You've upset me"
Forest Fan wrote:
> RastaBillySkank wrote:
>
> Why (in Genesis 1 I think) is women created after and from man, yet
> in the other man and women are created at the same time?
>
> "The LORD God fashioned into a woman the rib which He had
> taken from the man, and brought her to the man. The man said,
> "This is now bone of my bones, And flesh of my flesh; She shall
> be called Woman, Because she was taken out of Man." Genesis
> 2:22-23

>
> Explain.

Explain what? You haven't asked me to explain anything, just enlightened me as to which version of Genesis it is in which Woman is created from Man.

So, I restate my quesiton, why in Genesis 2 are they made at the same time if Genesis 1 says that Woman was made from Man?
Sat 05/06/04 at 17:27
Regular
"You've upset me"
Oh, and I should perhaps explain for the imbecelic, when I say Genesis 1 & 2, I don't mean the verse, I mean the different creation stories.
Sat 05/06/04 at 18:13
Regular
"SOUP!"
Ant wrote:
> Paradox: wrote:
> RBS, the answer is simple.
>
> All good fiction has a sequel.
>
> Very clever comment, but I shall laugh at you down from Heaven.
>
> {:)

Ant... I forgot you existed :-0

Where've you been?
Sat 05/06/04 at 18:18
Regular
"RIP: Brian Clough"
RastaBillySkank wrote:
> Explain what? You haven't asked me to explain anything, just
> enlightened me as to which version of Genesis it is in which Woman is
> created from Man.
>
> So, I restate my quesiton, why in Genesis 2 are they made at
> the same time if Genesis 1 says that Woman was made from Man?

They're not made at the same time, you clearly read in Genesis 2, how woman comes from man and the sleep Adam was in, when one of his ribs was made into woman.

"Then the LORD God said, "It is not good for the man to be alone; I will make him a helper suitable for him." Out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field and every bird of the sky, and brought them to the man to see what he would call them; and whatever the man called a living creature, that was its name. The man gave names to all the cattle, and to the birds of the sky, and to every beast of the field, but for Adam there was not found a helper suitable for him. So the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon the man, and he slept; then He took one of his ribs and closed up the flesh at that place. The LORD God fashioned into a woman the rib which He had taken from the man, and brought her to the man. Genesis 2:18-22
Sat 05/06/04 at 18:33
Regular
"SOUP!"
Forest Fan wrote:
> The LORD God fashioned into a woman the rib which He had taken from > the man, and brought her to the man.

How the f**k did he do that then?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.