GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Need help with assignment"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 03/06/04 at 11:06
Regular
"What? Me worry?"
I've gone back to university taking classes for my degree and my sociology class has a group discussion at the end of term. My group is to discuss euthanasia (assisted suicide). One of the things we've decided to do is take a poll of people and find out what the general consensus or majority say about this. So, if you would, please post whether you're for it, against it, or just don't know.

Oh, yes! Please state briefly why you're for or against it. Thanks in advance.
Thu 03/06/04 at 22:09
Regular
"Led Zeppelin"
Some people who decide that they wish to commit suicide are unable to accomplish the act. They need assistance from their physician. Physician assisted suicide helps them die under conditions and at the time that they wish. PAS is currently legal, under severe restrictions, only in the American state of Oregon and in the Netherlands. In other jurisdictions, they are forced to continue living against their wish, until their body eventually collapses, or until a family member or friend commits a criminal act by helping them commit suicide.
Life is precious! But If you suffer from illness and never recover, and life is not worth living, I think you've have the right to kill yourself or help someone to kill you only if you wish. And another you should have a witness of your death.
Thu 03/06/04 at 22:17
Regular
Cub!st wrote:
> I am for it but just because I think it's really sad whenever I see
> old people. It's like they've regressed in some ways. They are
> normally completely unaware of the world around them (e.g. barely any
> old people 80+ own a computer)

Oh of course! They must be sad cases if they have a different style of life to us. Poor little people.
Fri 04/06/04 at 11:29
Regular
"They Call Her 1 Eye"
Mav wrote:
> Cub!st wrote:
> I am for it but just because I think it's really sad whenever I see
> old people. It's like they've regressed in some ways. They are
> normally completely unaware of the world around them (e.g. barely
> any
> old people 80+ own a computer)
>
> Oh of course! They must be sad cases if they have a
> different style of life to us. Poor little people.

I think so. I know what I want out of life and it's not to end up with that lifestyle so I want euthanasia for that reason. They may be happy with it but I think it's sad and wouldn't want it myself. Just to sit there and be an unnatractive, wrinkly, bald old man who's seen most of his close friends and family die around him, barely gets out of the house to meet and make more friends and just hangs around for years. Doing very little day in, day out. Most likely, alone. I never want to end up like that.
Fri 04/06/04 at 11:34
Regular
"tokyo police club"
what do you do, day in, day out?

As you grow older, priorities and feelings change.

Just because you're a young upstart now, doesn't mean you'll always be.

I hate you, Cubist.
Fri 04/06/04 at 11:49
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Cub!st wrote:
> I think so. I know what I want out of life and it's not to end up
> with that lifestyle so I want euthanasia for that reason. They may be
> happy with it but I think it's sad and wouldn't want it myself. Just
> to sit there and be an unnatractive, wrinkly, bald old man who's seen
> most of his close friends and family die around him, barely gets out
> of the house to meet and make more friends and just hangs around for
> years. Doing very little day in, day out. Most likely, alone. I never
> want to end up like that.

Heh. Either: -

a) Kill yourself before your 60th.
b) Think of me laughing when you are sitting in the nursing home doing exactly what you describe here (I'll be long dead).

If you hope euthanasia will be legalised "because you dont want to get old" you're on completely the wrong track. It's a "Logans Run" stylee world you want.
Fri 04/06/04 at 16:44
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Light, personal attacks are unnecessary. If you don't like what he writes, leave. There's no point flaming him about it.

You may well be knowledgable in a wide range of controversial topics, but that does not give you the right to insult other users, however ignorant you believe them to be. By all means discuss topics, but if someone doesn't listen there's no more you can do. Leave it at that.

Forest Fan, for all the stick he's received, has to the best of my knowledge not yet insulted a single member of these forums. He's showing a lot more maturity than many of those mocking him, and for that at least I respect him.
Fri 04/06/04 at 16:52
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
VenomByte wrote:
> Light, personal attacks are unnecessary. If you don't like what he
> writes, leave. There's no point flaming him about it.

Umm...aren't you being just a tad of a hypocrite here? How about if I say "If you don't like me flaming him then leave. There's no point in getting annoyed about it". Is there any real difference?

> You may well be knowledgable in a wide range of controversial topics,
> but that does not give you the right to insult other users, however
> ignorant you believe them to be. By all means discuss topics, but if
> someone doesn't listen there's no more you can do. Leave it at that.

Scuse me, but who the HELL are you to tell me what I should and shouldn't be doing here? Christ, I thought Bell was prim but this reads like a Stephen Fry monologue given by my dad. Your distaste is duly noted.

>
> Forest Fan, for all the stick he's received, has to the best of my
> knowledge not yet insulted a single member of these forums. He's
> showing a lot more maturity than many of those mocking him, and for
> that at least I respect him.

Personal attacks are unnecessary? Well, so it bigoted hatemongering. And to the best of my knowledge, I haven't behaved like a bigot. Showing maturity? Heh...well, I always like it when someone feels qualified to comment conclusively about something when they've clearly skim read maybe one thread out of the God-knows-how-many where Mary and I have been arguing. Really gives me faith that you know what you're talking about. Tell you what; read about a half dozen pages in a couple of other threads featuring Mary and his Magical Monging, then we'll talk. In the meantime, kudos for saying something that goes against the general grain about him, but it'd be much nicer if you actually checked your facts.
Fri 04/06/04 at 21:46
Regular
"They Call Her 1 Eye"
mattributé wrote:
> what do you do, day in, day out?
>
> As you grow older, priorities and feelings change.
>
> Just because you're a young upstart now, doesn't mean you'll always
> be.
>
> I hate you, Cubist.

I hate you too and Pandy's right. I want a Logan's Run type world. It'd be so much better. Only the young, strong people none of the old, weak people who hang around with little or nothing to do but be a burden to society.
Fri 04/06/04 at 21:59
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Don't you push your Nazi ideals onto me, you little Scotsman. Next you'll be saying that we can only have sex outdoors and with total sl*gs (like your mother or x). Just because somebody isn't as strong as you doens't mean they're any less of a person. It just means they're weaker than you. Our bodies are just opur capsules in life, something for us to use/ Our mind are what should be used, and we should be judged upon if we are mentally fit and agile rather than our looks and build.

And either way, if it's the strong/handsome or mentally agile, you're dead, as you're a weak minded, ugly little cretin.

I hope you catch herpes.
Fri 04/06/04 at 22:01
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
And it was proven that the large majority of OAP's still have 98% of their brain power.
Idiot.

You're the kind of person that, if I were ever to meet, I really would do my worst. You're that much of a narrow minded, drivelling, infuriating cretin.
And I'm not really a violent person.

Oh well.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.