GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Need help with assignment"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 03/06/04 at 11:06
Regular
"What? Me worry?"
I've gone back to university taking classes for my degree and my sociology class has a group discussion at the end of term. My group is to discuss euthanasia (assisted suicide). One of the things we've decided to do is take a poll of people and find out what the general consensus or majority say about this. So, if you would, please post whether you're for it, against it, or just don't know.

Oh, yes! Please state briefly why you're for or against it. Thanks in advance.
Thu 03/06/04 at 15:57
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Paradox: wrote:
> Light, stop trolling.

Mm, I must admit that the last post to him didn't really add anything to what I'd already said, did it? Fair enough.
Thu 03/06/04 at 16:06
Regular
"SOUP!"
I couldn't care less, I just like saying 'trolling'
Thu 03/06/04 at 16:07
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
> I couldn't care less, I just like saying 'trolling'

Bwhahahahah, you troll. :D ;)
Thu 03/06/04 at 16:08
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
> I couldn't care less, I just like saying 'trolling'

~slaps forehead~

Doh! Curse my ability to take things too seriously...
Thu 03/06/04 at 16:51
Regular
"SOUP!"
*pops valium*

Takkkee a chiilll pill, maaan
Thu 03/06/04 at 16:59
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
> *pops valium*
>
> Takkkee a chiilll pill, maaan

Hey, trust me; as all who know me will confirm, this is the most chilled out i've been in...well, ever. But if you're giving away valium...
Thu 03/06/04 at 17:01
Regular
"SOUP!"
I'm the party man!

That and I just robbed a clinic :-)
Thu 03/06/04 at 17:06
Regular
"lets go back"
I wouldnt do it myself but I can understand why others do it and I wouldnt look down on them but for the purposes of your poll I'll say against. This is because I dont think its right to take a human life. I may change my mind if ever put in the situation tho.
Thu 03/06/04 at 17:59
Regular
"They Call Her 1 Eye"
I am for it but just because I think it's really sad whenever I see old people. It's like they've regressed in some ways. They are normally completely unaware of the world around them (e.g. barely any old people 80+ own a computer), they can't do much, they are just there, normally alone. It's very...sad I just think at that time you should get the choice. I don't ever want to turn into one of them and if I do. I really don't think I'll want to be it for long.
Thu 03/06/04 at 19:02
Regular
"I love Dave music"
The fact that old people don't interact with society is not a reason to allow euthenasia - it is a damning statement about society and how we alienate the old and the different.

Euthenasia should be reserved for people who, for reasons of illness (or other such matters) can no longer live a "proper" life anymore. Someone who has been shut off from society does not fall into this gap. For one thing, there are plenty of 80+ people on this earth who do not feel the need to end their own life, so there must be something to do!

I can see where you are coming from, but I have to disagree with your reasoning. Euthenasia is a last resort. It is for people who will have ZERO quality of life for the rest of their days and cannot bear to see the discomfort that it causes to the ones closest to them. It is not a way to escape the boredom of sitting in an old people's home.

By the way, I do think that euthenasia is acceptable, but I think that there are a lot of complications with legalising it. I don't think that it is a decision that should be taken lightly, and there would have to be tonnes of checks in places to prevent any abuse of the system.

GL

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.