GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Need help with assignment"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 03/06/04 at 11:06
Regular
"What? Me worry?"
I've gone back to university taking classes for my degree and my sociology class has a group discussion at the end of term. My group is to discuss euthanasia (assisted suicide). One of the things we've decided to do is take a poll of people and find out what the general consensus or majority say about this. So, if you would, please post whether you're for it, against it, or just don't know.

Oh, yes! Please state briefly why you're for or against it. Thanks in advance.
Sat 31/07/04 at 00:15
Regular
"What? Me worry?"
Forest Fan wrote:
> Yeah, we usually all help when it comes to an assignment.
>
> Hope all goes well.

I thought I'd let you know that the sociology debate went well. My group was against euthanasia. We had a rousing time with the other team. The debate was great. Thanks to all of you who had input into my research. I won't know our grade (all members on each team received the same score) for about another week. Have to get it on-line.

Thanks again!!
Sun 13/06/04 at 14:17
Regular
"RIP: Brian Clough"
Yeah, we usually all help when it comes to an assignment.

Hope all goes well.
Sun 13/06/04 at 12:29
Regular
"What? Me worry?"
Again, I want to thank you for your help. I've pulled information off of here and my group is working on this and other info we're gathering. Thanks for the opinions.
Tue 08/06/04 at 13:46
Regular
"What? Me worry?"
Duh! Where's my brain?? Thanks, Pandemonium, I didn't even think of that. Got to go now. Talk to you blokes later.
Tue 08/06/04 at 13:36
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Archangel wrote:
> Cool. I have seen somewhere a book called the "Klingon-English
> Dictionary." I thought about getting it and having my boys and I
> learn Klingon so we could talk and nobody else would know what we're
> saying. Unless, of course, they knew Klingon.

Heh, just do a web search. I'm sure there will be online tutorials. ;)
Tue 08/06/04 at 13:35
Regular
"What? Me worry?"
Cool. I have seen somewhere a book called the "Klingon-English Dictionary." I thought about getting it and having my boys and I learn Klingon so we could talk and nobody else would know what we're saying. Unless, of course, they knew Klingon.
Tue 08/06/04 at 13:31
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
'tis true. There are even places that do degrees in playing games. Not coding, or, designing - playing. I think it's something to do with psychology and social implications. Oh, and don't forget the place that did the module on David Beckham.
Tue 08/06/04 at 13:28
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Archangel wrote:

> By the way, Light, can you point me to the university that offers
> Klingon as a degree? I've always been fascinated by the language,
> etc. (giggles)

I can't, but I believe there is a documentary out in the states about a klingon language convention. Seriously.
Tue 08/06/04 at 13:26
Regular
"What? Me worry?"
Got a doctor visit today so maybe I'll have time later to pull off of this thread. I really do want to thank you for your inputs. The assignment is not due until the end of term, so keep posting your views. I'm getting some really good stuff.

By the way, Light, can you point me to the university that offers Klingon as a degree? I've always been fascinated by the language, etc. (giggles)
Mon 07/06/04 at 15:47
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
VenomByte wrote:
> Light wrote:
> VenomByte wrote:

>
> I wrote that as a parody of your earlier comment to Forest Fan. Don't
> pretend you didn't notice that.

Well, yeah I noticed it. So are you going to address my question about your hypocrisy, or retreat into "Aha, but I've done THIS to you!!" type irrelevancies?

OR

Am I taking what you said too seriously?

> (just in case you needed to be reminded of that one)

So...what's your point? You copied a comment? Okay, cool. However, what annoyed me about your post wasn't the exhortation to leave (jesus, are you really that proud of being able to use the same words as I did?!), it was the simple hypocrisy of your statement; personal attacks are unnecessary? That hasn't stopped Mary attacking people's beliefs which are...well, pretty personal, don't you think?

> So you're outraged that I've got the audacity to tell you not to
> insult people?
> Fair enough. If it makes you feel any better I can rephrase it as an
> opinion instead.

Heh. So what you're saying is that you should be allowed to state an opinion, and no one is allowed to have a subsequent opinion on that? Wow...no wonder you stuck up for Mary; you and he have a lot in common.

No, I'm not outraged at your 'audactity'. I'm outraged at your choice of words; telling someone how they SHOULD behave suggests arrogance beyond even me.
Plus we have the inherent prissiness; "I don't mind the repeated bigotry and homophobia of Mary because hey, he doesn't use nasty language. But use a playground insult, and YOU'RE A BAD MAN!"

THAT is what set the outrage light off in my head. So your look-down-the-nose claims of martyrdom notwithstanding, you can be as audacious as you like.
>
>

>
> I've 'clealy' only skim-read at most one thread? That's a rather
> naive (not to mention incorrect) assumption to make. I deny it :)
> I don't usually comment in threads like this because it rarely
> bothers me that much.

Really? Heh. It bothered you so much that you felt the need to comment on someone's flaming when earlier in the same thread they'd already apologised for it? Nah, you CLEARLY haven't been skim reading...

So then; you're saying you have read Mary's hatemongering. Tell me, why is that excusable? Don't get me wrong; having apologised for flaming him in this thread (which CLEARLY you knew, cos you don't skim read and it would be naive and incorrect of me to think so on the evidence of the 2 posts of yours I've read...), I'm not saying all of my flaming is. But still, I'd like to hear you justify your tolerance of his bigotry.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.