GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why Gamecube is better than ps2"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 31/05/04 at 20:10
"Hi"
1. Better games such as, Zelda: the Wind Waker, Metroid Prime, Mario Sunshine, Super Monkey Ball2, ect.

2. Better graphics, the best are on Metroid Prime

3. More realiable, my ps2 scratched some of my disks and is noisy as hell.

4. Cheaper, £130(ps2 price) - 80(Gamecube price) = 50(saving when buying a cube)

5. The GBA player, what other consoles can you play on your ps2. (DVD dosen't count)

6. Controller design, when you play your Cube for 20 hours straight your hands feel good, not sore.

Those are the reasons why the 'Cube is better than the ps2. Alott of people say the ps2 is better because of the DVD player but the quality is so poor and most people have one anyway.
Tue 01/06/04 at 08:28
Regular
20 hours straight?

I don't think I've ever played that much at once!
Tue 01/06/04 at 02:42
Regular
Lou Role wrote:
> I'd say the PS2's only problem is a lack of outstanding, exclusive
> titles.

And the pad.
It's SOOOO last generation.
The left analogue stick is right out of place...

But other than that... :-)
Mon 31/05/04 at 20:31
Regular
": ("
AJ is quite right.
He plays his cards right...
Mon 31/05/04 at 20:22
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
SlaveToDixieKong wrote:
> 1. Better games such as, Zelda: the Wind Waker, Metroid Prime, Mario
> Sunshine, Super Monkey Ball2, ect.

This is a matter of taste. Personally, I like all the games you've mentioned over the majority of the PS2 stuff, but obviously many PS2 owners won't agree with you here. And fair enough, I suppose.

> 2. Better graphics, the best are on Metroid Prime

The visuals from Gran Turismo 3 is better than anything on the Gamecube, with the exception of maybe Wind Waker or Viewtiful Joe, as their visuals are fantastic.

> 5. The GBA player, what other consoles can you play on your ps2. (DVD
> dosen't count)

Erm... PS1 games, of which there are hundreds...

On the whole, though, I think Gamecube is a better console with better games. I just felt like pointing out a couple of the flaws in your suggestions. Gamecube > PS2, though.
Mon 31/05/04 at 20:22
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
I'd say the PS2's only problem is a lack of outstanding, exclusive titles.
Mon 31/05/04 at 20:14
Regular
": ("
I hate debates, I can smell one brewing.
Here we go...
Mon 31/05/04 at 20:10
"Hi"
1. Better games such as, Zelda: the Wind Waker, Metroid Prime, Mario Sunshine, Super Monkey Ball2, ect.

2. Better graphics, the best are on Metroid Prime

3. More realiable, my ps2 scratched some of my disks and is noisy as hell.

4. Cheaper, £130(ps2 price) - 80(Gamecube price) = 50(saving when buying a cube)

5. The GBA player, what other consoles can you play on your ps2. (DVD dosen't count)

6. Controller design, when you play your Cube for 20 hours straight your hands feel good, not sore.

Those are the reasons why the 'Cube is better than the ps2. Alott of people say the ps2 is better because of the DVD player but the quality is so poor and most people have one anyway.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.