GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why Gamecube is better than ps2"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 31/05/04 at 20:10
"Hi"
1. Better games such as, Zelda: the Wind Waker, Metroid Prime, Mario Sunshine, Super Monkey Ball2, ect.

2. Better graphics, the best are on Metroid Prime

3. More realiable, my ps2 scratched some of my disks and is noisy as hell.

4. Cheaper, £130(ps2 price) - 80(Gamecube price) = 50(saving when buying a cube)

5. The GBA player, what other consoles can you play on your ps2. (DVD dosen't count)

6. Controller design, when you play your Cube for 20 hours straight your hands feel good, not sore.

Those are the reasons why the 'Cube is better than the ps2. Alott of people say the ps2 is better because of the DVD player but the quality is so poor and most people have one anyway.
Tue 01/06/04 at 16:24
Regular
Bonus can you please look at the "Dear Bonus" post please.

You can have Linux on the Gamecube.
Tue 01/06/04 at 16:24
Regular
Strafio wrote:
> Dringo wrote:
>
> The X-box is the major competitor for style and content but after
> playing Dead or Alive 3 (played it, finished it, no longer need it),
> Halo 2 (yeah it's a good FPS... but blimey the game doesn't do
> anything remotely new) and Grabbed by the Gholies (utter crap)...
> I'm
> sorta let down by something I thought was the Dreamcast 2.
>
> You're judging it by 3 games?
> One you've not even played yet? :-O

Dringo's previous statement: "Dead or Alive 3, Halo, Grabbed by the Gholies and Jet Set Radio Future is the reason why I want an X-box"...

After playing 3 of those games I've decided I no longer want an X-box.
Tue 01/06/04 at 16:15
Regular
Yawn.

My PS2 is better than my Cube because I can boot up linux and do whatever I want with it.

I can surf the net, listen to MP3 file share with the world, download whatever I like to my 40Gb hard drive from the Internet, but most importantly I can make my VERY OWN GAMES.
Tue 01/06/04 at 16:08
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
My god, Nintendophiles using graphics as an argument as to why their console is best? Whatever next!

as noted by AfroJoe it is all personal opinion, for me PS2 is better.

Because:

Bemani (Guitar Freaks, Drummania, DDR)
Obscure gems (Gitaroo Man, Gregory Horror Show, Way of the Samurai)
RPGs (Final Fantasy, Suikoden, proper ones mind)
Online play (Final Fantasy XI!!!!!)
And driving games with a fantastic force feedback wheel
Tue 01/06/04 at 14:07
Regular
Dringo wrote:

> The X-box is the major competitor for style and content but after
> playing Dead or Alive 3 (played it, finished it, no longer need it),
> Halo 2 (yeah it's a good FPS... but blimey the game doesn't do
> anything remotely new) and Grabbed by the Gholies (utter crap)... I'm
> sorta let down by something I thought was the Dreamcast 2.

You're judging it by 3 games?
One you've not even played yet? :-O

:-)

Halo did plenty new. It wasn't quite Goldeneye in terms of innovation, but what is?
Halo 2 won't have so many new ideas, but I expect it (along with Conker) will take Live to the limit. Also, I expect they'll spend a little longer on level design this time, so the whole level is designed rather than a third of a level used thrice! :-D
Tue 01/06/04 at 13:44
Regular
Mario Sunshine's graphics are the same as all Mario games, use wonderful effects but are plain and colourful. It is nice and does the job but nothing jaw dropping.

Personally I think Wind Wakers' graphics are the best (and I know you put that down).
Tue 01/06/04 at 13:42
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
... But the lovely waves?????

Anyway.

Erm, yeah, Mario Sunshine had nice visuals in its water-based levels, but in some other areas it was really dodgy. Which is why I left it out.
Tue 01/06/04 at 13:26
Regular
No Mario Sunshine's water effects are far more effective. Wave Race with its slow down and awful scenery was a visual disapointment.
Tue 01/06/04 at 13:24
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Resident Evil yes, I was forgetting that. Luigi's Mansion maybe. The detail isn't amazing always, but there are some superb lighting effects. Wave Race maybe as well, thinking back - that water is incredible.

GT3 is still better than the majority of GC titles, though.
Tue 01/06/04 at 13:21
Regular
I think Resident Evil 4 and Luigi's Mansion is superior to the graphics adopted in GT3 though AJ.

Confessingly the PS2 is an old system now with old games and old ideas.

It is time it evolved.

As for the Gamecube it starting coming to life last year and won't start sleeping again till the end of 2005.

The X-box is the major competitor for style and content but after playing Dead or Alive 3 (played it, finished it, no longer need it), Halo 2 (yeah it's a good FPS... but blimey the game doesn't do anything remotely new) and Grabbed by the Gholies (utter crap)... I'm sorta let down by something I thought was the Dreamcast 2.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.