GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Metroid Prime 2: Echoes"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Metroid Prime 2: Echoes'.
Sat 05/03/05 at 22:29
Regular
"Pwned"
I've just got the light suit and transfered the very last batch of energy to the main energy controller. Just got to collect the sky temple keys and fight the very last boss and that's it.

I know it'a a bit late, I havn't been able to seriously play Metroid Prime: 2 recently, as I've been playing Paper Mario 2 (And doing a walkthrough on it), also had a lot of course work.

But today I played it for a good 5 hours and I am absolutly hooked. The light suit looks so cool and I just can't wait to finish it.

At the moment, I would say it's one of the best games I have ever played. Rock hard, as well. Thanks Retro.
Sun 06/03/05 at 09:57
Regular
"Pwned"
I thought Dark Samus was way too easy.
Sun 06/03/05 at 01:34
Regular
That’s a bad spoiler I can believe she dies! No way :O
Sun 06/03/05 at 01:24
Regular
It annoyed me, as I think the only scans I missed were of bosses when I died and went back to them, as I forgot to scan them again.

The boostball guardian and Amorbis were those perpetrators (I never worked out how I was supposed to kill them both first time around - I couldn't get the Boost Ball Guardian out of his shadow state, and Amorbis (Was that it's name? The worm thing), I never even noticed that it ate you up.

Damnit.

And Both Chykka and Quadraxis are epic.

It never really tied up loose ends though.

(SPOILERS!!!!!!!!)

I know that Dark Samus is Metroid Prime, but, it doesn't explain to you why it's there, or why it imitates Samus etc. Damnit.

(END SPOILERS!!!!)
Sun 06/03/05 at 00:13
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Quadraxis would be better if it didn't give out so much health power-ups - it made the fight too easy. But yeh, the Bosses are very satisfying, even though most of them are just bigger versions of normal enemies. Brilliant, brilliant game this. I echo (see what I did there :P) whoever said about it not winning any Baftas.. beats POP2 or whatever won Best Cube game by miles.
Sat 05/03/05 at 23:44
Regular
"Pwned"
I agree, the Spider Guardian was a welcome break from the tough, powerful bosses, and focused on the puzzel element instead.
Sat 05/03/05 at 23:12
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Chykka is pretty cool. They're all quite simple. I thought the Spider Guardian was quite good. A nice change of pace. But yes, Quadraxis is epic.
Sat 05/03/05 at 23:02
Regular
"Pwned"
And there's a massive sense of achievement when you defeat each boss.
Sat 05/03/05 at 23:01
Regular
"Pwned"
The Quadraxis boss completly blew me away.
Sat 05/03/05 at 22:57
Regular
"bit of a brain"
It is godlike. That it didn't win any BAFTAs is criminal. It is SO much better than PoP2.
Sat 05/03/05 at 22:54
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Try it on Hard Mode. I'm 50% done, but 100% ripping my hair out.

(^ that was crap, but you get the idea).

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.