GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Well, he's on his way out"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 24/05/04 at 10:20
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
[URL]http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/3741257.stm[/URL]

Gerard Houllier's departure for Liverpool will apparently be announced on Monday. I for one am sad that he's going - I think if you look at things objectively, he's done a lot for the club in his six years, before he turned up, it was still in the culture of the club to drink and womanize (with the Spice Boys twaddle and all that). He put a stop to that, in much the same as Wenger did at Arsenal. Before he came along, Liverpool were finishing 8th and 10th. During his reign, we were 5th, 4th, 3rd and 2nd, always finishing behind better teams.

Besides, they had one dodgy season and that can hardly be blamed on him. Admittedly his biggest downfalls were his terrible purchases - Diao, Diouff, Cheyrou - I shudder to think how much money was wasted on them, but he wouldn't have signed them if they didn't have potential. The blame has to lie with the players who weren't pulling their weight, surely.

I just hope we get Curbishley or, even better, Martin O'Neill as a replacement. I was kind of hoping Houllier would stay on as director of football or some other role, as it'd be a shame to outright sack what is essentially a good manager (he'd be the first to be sacked in 40 years). To come back strong after something as terrible as a heart bypass shows a lot of character, and I think a lot of the players will be sad he's on his way. Wonder how many will scoot in the summer because he won't be there?

Farewell Gerard, we hardly knew ye.
Tue 25/05/04 at 17:45
Regular
ps coward, wasn't meant as in afraid. just pointing out he's taking the cushy option
Tue 25/05/04 at 17:43
Regular
fair enough AJ your opinion!

There is little poiint denying the scottish league isn't one of the easiest around, as i am not even prepared to argue with anyone who says otherwise.

Martin o'neill whether you like it or not is unproven. What has he done? I take no (well little) pleasure in belittling scottish football, but i'm quite clearly right.

If you have a race and you have two jockeys on race horses, the remaining 10 on donkeys, your never going to get shock results. Thats how the scottish league is, and one of the race horses is fitter than the other at the moment.

YOu'll never get a shock league. If we moved liverpool and newcastle to the Norwegian league ( a respectable league but no thorough quality) which two teams do you think would finish top? Would it matter who was in charge? i think not. Out of every player outside of celtic and rangers how many do you think would make any premiership first eleven? and of celtic and rangers how many would make the top 6's first teams.

what have i said thats idiotic? with the exception of a bit of european experience o'neill has little really under his belt. I could name 50 managers with better qualifications. I am not saying he is a bad manager at all!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am just saying he is unproven and not necessarily the miracle cure. If he went to chelsea i'd be confident but cautious to begin with, same as i am cautious about mourinho, if say fabio capello came i would expect us to win stuff very quickly.
Tue 25/05/04 at 17:37
Regular
"tokyo police club"
AfroJoe wrote:
> Ashley, I've come to the conclusion that you're an idiot of epic
> proportions.
Tue 25/05/04 at 13:40
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Ashley, I've come to the conclusion that you're an idiot of epic proportions.
Tue 25/05/04 at 12:56
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Ashley wrote:
> then he got one of the easiest jobs it the world.

Oh dear. Oh dear. Oh dear.

> I genuinely believe i could manage celtic to win the scottish league.

Firstly, I doubt it. And secondly - could you manage them to progress in the UEFA cup? To beat Barcelona? To prevent them from scoring against you at their own ground in front of 78,000 fans?
I think not.
Tue 25/05/04 at 12:49
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Rafa Benitez (of Valencia) is the favourite at the moment. I was watching Sky Sports News yesterday morning through to the afternoon as it was all happening, and the odds were changing frantically.

Gordon Strachan, for instance, was set at 20-1 by Ladbrokes, then shifted right down to 5-1, then 7-1 or so.
Tue 25/05/04 at 12:49
Regular
i am beginning to believe martin o'neill is a bit of a coward and i can't really blame him.

He did good work at leicester but that was just one team, then he got one of the easiest jobs it the world. I genuinely believe i could manage celtic to win the scottish league. He has lived of that and is in reality pretty much unproven with no better record than, worthington or iain dowie or PArdew if they get promoted. Bugggering of to scotland doesn't make you a good manager.

He may well be a good manager but he needs to prove it first.
Tue 25/05/04 at 12:40
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
I also can't see Martin O'Neil leaving Celtic at the moment and I see Ranieri staying at Chelsea or at least 1 more season, noone else on that list is that much better than Houllier. Someone like Mourinho possibly but he has managed in the portugese league which consists of about 2 or 3 decents teams (if that)
Tue 25/05/04 at 12:26
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
I'm sorry, but I really cannot see Martin going to Liverpool.
Not yet anyway.
Tue 25/05/04 at 12:20
Regular
"RIP: Brian Clough"
Free, maybe not, available, certainly. Alan Curbishley, Claudio Raineri, Jose Morinho, Martin O'Neill, even Sam Allardyce, might well all accept the Liverpool post.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.