GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Well, he's on his way out"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 24/05/04 at 10:20
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
[URL]http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/3741257.stm[/URL]

Gerard Houllier's departure for Liverpool will apparently be announced on Monday. I for one am sad that he's going - I think if you look at things objectively, he's done a lot for the club in his six years, before he turned up, it was still in the culture of the club to drink and womanize (with the Spice Boys twaddle and all that). He put a stop to that, in much the same as Wenger did at Arsenal. Before he came along, Liverpool were finishing 8th and 10th. During his reign, we were 5th, 4th, 3rd and 2nd, always finishing behind better teams.

Besides, they had one dodgy season and that can hardly be blamed on him. Admittedly his biggest downfalls were his terrible purchases - Diao, Diouff, Cheyrou - I shudder to think how much money was wasted on them, but he wouldn't have signed them if they didn't have potential. The blame has to lie with the players who weren't pulling their weight, surely.

I just hope we get Curbishley or, even better, Martin O'Neill as a replacement. I was kind of hoping Houllier would stay on as director of football or some other role, as it'd be a shame to outright sack what is essentially a good manager (he'd be the first to be sacked in 40 years). To come back strong after something as terrible as a heart bypass shows a lot of character, and I think a lot of the players will be sad he's on his way. Wonder how many will scoot in the summer because he won't be there?

Farewell Gerard, we hardly knew ye.
Wed 26/05/04 at 18:15
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Don or†ega wrote:
> Although i'll always love O'neil for his reaction to some poor
> decision agaisnt Juve a season or two ago.

seem to remember this game and where i was watching it.

amoruso or delpiero was "a criminal" according to marti. the reaction was classic. i also remember it was somewhat of a great night of footie and a swansong for lubomir moravcic. they kept building him up as a hit or miss player and boy was he a hit that night! if anyone has a reccording of it for whatever reason, do watch.
Wed 26/05/04 at 15:02
"Darth Vader 3442321"
Hopefully Roeder will employ Graham Taylor as assistant manager and Ron Atkinson as PR officer.
Wed 26/05/04 at 14:34
About Balde, I'd have to say he'd fit into msot teams in most leagues. There aren't many better at what he does.
Wed 26/05/04 at 13:32
"Darth Vader 3442321"
I wonder what odds you'd get on Glen Roeder taking over? He'd get you into the first division at his first attempt. That way in his second year he'd have a go at winning the championship, or maybe the playoff finals. Imagine that, Liverpool winning a championship.

I'm only bitter because he destroyed West Ham.
Wed 26/05/04 at 13:13
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Upon checking this, I've discovered that any team that didn't conceed a goal at the Nou Camp did conceed at home, so every team this season Barcelona have played have conceeded.

Except Celtic. Therefore, achievement.
Wed 26/05/04 at 13:05
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Don or†ega wrote:
> Saviola was suspended for the 2nd after getting sent off in the
> first! Kluivert played no part in either game!

He was handled in the first leg easily until and wasn't going to do anything. Then he went and did something completely retarded to make the task a little easier in the second leg. And I don't suppose Kluivert actually matter, or he wouldn't have just been released...

> Hate to rain on your parade, but....
>
> Atletico Madrid
> Real Valladolid
> Racing Santander
> Celta Vigo
> Levante
>
> Valencia
> Deportivo
> Villarreal
> Real Zaragoza
>
> The last 4 keeping clean sheets at the camp nou.

I wasn't simply suggesting clean sheets at the Nou Camp. I was meaning over the course of the season home and away. Fact of the matter is, Celtic didn't conceed a goal in either leg... how many teams did that?
Wed 26/05/04 at 11:14
Regular
"Colourless"
Grrr, I know.

It says go back and correct the problem.

WELL I CAN'T BL*ODY DO THAT IF YOU DELETE THE WHOLE POST CAN I?
Wed 26/05/04 at 00:04
Regular
bloody crap swear filter. i wrote about a thousand word rant, and the crap lost my post because i wrote "buggger all". stupid system.
Tue 25/05/04 at 23:23
Regular
Neó wrote:
> I think the only cowards round here are Peter Kenyon and Roman
> Abromavich for not telling Claudio Ranieri the real deal about his
> position at Chelsea, after today's 'meeting' things are still no
> clearer.

yes kenyon is a proper coward!
Tue 25/05/04 at 22:46
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Considering they're all Spanish clubs, and are therefore very familiar with Barcelona and their style of play etc etc etc...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.