GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Self Harm!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 22/05/04 at 09:55
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
I don't want to read posts saying how wrong, because i think that is so obvious.

Many years ago i use to harm myself, i was hurting and i was always feeling down. I had cuts all over myself mainly over my arms. It got to the point where i have cut to deeply and too much. Problems i couldnt solve my problems and happiness was hard to find, deaths, illnesses, accidents everyhting i see and heard i was scared of. I just sat in my room and destroyed myself because it was something to do, and it stop me from thinking about all the things i was worried about/ scared of.

Mum and stepdad eventually found out what i was doing and tried to talk to me about it. It made me do it even more because i didnt have to hide it. Then they took me to my doctor because she was the only person i ever use to talk to. I spoke about all my problems what was troubleing me and slowly stopped doing it. I think back and realise now how pointless it was but at the time it felt right. I wasnt satisfied till i saw seeping of my blood.

sometimes when i am really depressed i want to do it again but i have so much more in my life now.

Has anyone been through the same situation!

I might have stopped years ago, but im still scarred* for life!
Sat 22/05/04 at 09:55
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
I don't want to read posts saying how wrong, because i think that is so obvious.

Many years ago i use to harm myself, i was hurting and i was always feeling down. I had cuts all over myself mainly over my arms. It got to the point where i have cut to deeply and too much. Problems i couldnt solve my problems and happiness was hard to find, deaths, illnesses, accidents everyhting i see and heard i was scared of. I just sat in my room and destroyed myself because it was something to do, and it stop me from thinking about all the things i was worried about/ scared of.

Mum and stepdad eventually found out what i was doing and tried to talk to me about it. It made me do it even more because i didnt have to hide it. Then they took me to my doctor because she was the only person i ever use to talk to. I spoke about all my problems what was troubleing me and slowly stopped doing it. I think back and realise now how pointless it was but at the time it felt right. I wasnt satisfied till i saw seeping of my blood.

sometimes when i am really depressed i want to do it again but i have so much more in my life now.

Has anyone been through the same situation!

I might have stopped years ago, but im still scarred* for life!
Sat 22/05/04 at 11:25
"period drama"
@ng3l wrote:
> I might have stopped years ago but im scared!

Scared of what exactly?
Loosing control of the blade?
Sat 22/05/04 at 11:55
Regular
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> Loosing control of the blade?

Unessacery
Sat 22/05/04 at 12:00
Regular
"SOUP!"
That was beyond your usual standards of low and sick, FFF.

Human emotions are the most perculiar thing and some psychological event can trigger rational people to do irrational things and end up harming themselves and, indirectly so, others.

I'm glad you have things more under control now.
Sat 22/05/04 at 12:15
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> @ng3l wrote:
> I might have stopped years ago but im scared!
>
> Scared of what exactly?
> Loosing control of the blade?

My fault there i think. i made a mistake which i have now corrected.
Sat 22/05/04 at 12:15
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
@ng3l wrote:
> Has anyone been through the same situation

I haven't been through cutting myself, but I have been pretty seriously depressed. Its a very tough time, and you can't see yourself getting out of it. I just came home and was too exhausted to do anything but lay in my bed and think about how pointless my life had been. My existance was torn. I think what had triggered it was the handful of events that were unfolding in front of me at that time, my brother had cancer, mum had a breakdown, and grandfather died. I wasn't getting on too great at school either.

Glad I am to say that I am pretty well out of that now, and despite my brother ecently being re-diagnosed, I am now much more mature, and much more in control of my life than before. I hope that you get on well; I wouldn't wish self harm upon anybody.
Sat 22/05/04 at 13:52
Regular
"Ah the mystic porta"
I had a friend once, i say once because she moved school and then told everyone that she was friends with that she never liked them. Any way, she used to cut herself in the arms and even got to the point of writing stupid things in her arm. Her best friends eventually made her see that it was not solving her problems, so she stopped. The problem was, for months she had to use some kind of anti-scar pads and cream to try and get rid of all the scars. It worked a little but it never goes away.
Sat 22/05/04 at 13:57
Regular
"but i am a sheep..."
i used to cut myself but i made sure that no one found out about it. i haven't cut myself for along time but i still get depressed.
Sat 22/05/04 at 14:01
Regular
"Monochromatic"
@ng3l wrote:
> sometimes when i am really depressed i want to do it again but i have
> so much more in my life now.

And that should be what keeps you from doing it again, it's no longer just you who will be affected.

> Has anyone been through the same situation!

Cutting myself no, although i know plenty who do or have done, god help me for admitting this on here, but i seem to look for another form of pain as a distraction.

> I might have stopped years ago, but im still scarred* for life!

Do you feel sometimes that they are there to remind you, whether to stop or just as something that means it's always on your mind, are the scars a good thing ?
Sat 22/05/04 at 14:22
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
Flockhart wrote:
> Do you feel sometimes that they are there to remind you, whether to
> stop or just as something that means it's always on your mind, are
> the scars a good thing ?

Well i havent got many scars, the scars that are there however remind me just how far in life i have come and how i have got over most things that have stood in my way. They show me just how unhappy i was and that ive got control over it now. There is a few more things that are getting me down but i get by and they will get resolved with time.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.