GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Self Harm!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 22/05/04 at 09:55
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
I don't want to read posts saying how wrong, because i think that is so obvious.

Many years ago i use to harm myself, i was hurting and i was always feeling down. I had cuts all over myself mainly over my arms. It got to the point where i have cut to deeply and too much. Problems i couldnt solve my problems and happiness was hard to find, deaths, illnesses, accidents everyhting i see and heard i was scared of. I just sat in my room and destroyed myself because it was something to do, and it stop me from thinking about all the things i was worried about/ scared of.

Mum and stepdad eventually found out what i was doing and tried to talk to me about it. It made me do it even more because i didnt have to hide it. Then they took me to my doctor because she was the only person i ever use to talk to. I spoke about all my problems what was troubleing me and slowly stopped doing it. I think back and realise now how pointless it was but at the time it felt right. I wasnt satisfied till i saw seeping of my blood.

sometimes when i am really depressed i want to do it again but i have so much more in my life now.

Has anyone been through the same situation!

I might have stopped years ago, but im still scarred* for life!
Mon 24/05/04 at 17:41
Regular
Simon Says wrote:
> punch bag, gym, alcohol, meaningless relationships, voilence, crime,
> masturbation, cigarettes, drugs, tattoos, internet, burning, cutting
> . . . the list goes on and on.
>
> It's all pretty much the same.
>
> Granted some things on the list aren't as healthy as others. Some are
> healthy in moderated doses, some aren't.

Exactly, there are plenty of alternatives if you need to go mental over something, though I reccommend the former two rather than go into drugs and stuff.
Mon 24/05/04 at 17:15
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Simon Says wrote:
> I went through the same thing when I was younger. It seems so long ago
> now but I can still relate to what you are talking about. When you
> feel so frustrated and you need some sort of release, and you just
> kind of go into self destruct mode.

That's what ive been waiting for someone to say, self destruction, that just about sums it up, you just take everything apart at the seams because nothing seems right plus it gives you something to do, then you realise what youve done and then you really go downhill rapidly after that.
Mon 24/05/04 at 14:34
Regular
"I ush!"
punch bag, gym, alcohol, meaningless relationships, voilence, crime, masturbation, cigarettes, drugs, tattoos, internet, burning, cutting . . . the list goes on and on.

It's all pretty much the same.

Granted some things on the list aren't as healthy as others. Some are healthy in moderated doses, some aren't.
Mon 24/05/04 at 14:18
Regular
Couldn't you use a punch bag, gym, etc for that?
Mon 24/05/04 at 14:08
Regular
"I ush!"
I went through the same thing when I was younger. It seems so long ago now but I can still relate to what you are talking about. When you feel so frustrated and you need some sort of release, and you just kind of go into self destruct mode.
Mon 24/05/04 at 14:00
Regular
"leaf it aaaaht"
English_Bloke wrote:
> I thought it was to do with the physical pain overwhealming the mental
> pain for a short period thereby making them feel better. Shows what I
> know.

That is right
Sun 23/05/04 at 23:40
Regular
"Monochromatic"
English_Bloke wrote:
> I thought it was to do with the physical pain overwhealming the mental
> pain for a short period thereby making them feel better. Shows what I
> know.

Yep that's my understanding as well, and that's what i've been told by the people who have done it.
Sun 23/05/04 at 23:38
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
I thought it was to do with the physical pain overwhealming the mental pain for a short period thereby making them feel better. Shows what I know.
Sun 23/05/04 at 23:36
Regular
"toria"
I work with people aged 16 - 25 years and self harm is actually a form of release, when they see the blood pouring out of their arm, they feel that all the hurt is flowing out of their body, it isn't easy to understand but these people need a lot of help and support.
Sat 22/05/04 at 21:04
Regular
"SOUP!"
"choffed" :-D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.