GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I've Got GT4!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Gran Turismo 4 (GT4)'.
Wed 09/03/05 at 10:46
Regular
"The definitive tag"
....and it's brilliant. The handling is way better than I thought. It's perfect. Best game for a long time. Wonder if I was the first to play it here.
Tue 15/03/05 at 16:37
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
The Jiggaman wrote:
> Does anyone know, when you buy the Nitros Kit for any car, how to work
> it or is it something the game does for you automatically?

Hold R1.

You've got a meter near the bottom left of the screen to tell you how much you've got left.

And Bullett, it's in the Engine category. Furthest option to the right.
Tue 15/03/05 at 09:53
Regular
"Anger leads to hate"
Trying tuning the rally car, less TCS and ASM. Personally some of my favorite tracks are the rally ones.
Tue 15/03/05 at 09:48
Regular
"8==="
I'm planning to setup ICS in time for the release of the big guns.

If that fails I'll just be on WoW a bit more 'til I get it sorted.

Still at least with ICS it's MS talking to MS so no third-party screwups can happen!
Tue 15/03/05 at 09:45
Regular
If it's April 1st, I may be a bit late to get online.

After that and I should be ok...
Tue 15/03/05 at 09:44
Regular
"8==="
Rival site says 1st of April.

Should be early April anyway if that's wrong/lazy.
Tue 15/03/05 at 09:41
Regular
When is the release date for that?
Tue 15/03/05 at 09:37
Regular
"8==="
Bullett wrote:
>
> Suddenly I'm not bothered about my imminent loss of Broadband

Chaos Theory

/evil
Tue 15/03/05 at 09:31
Regular
I'm loving this game now. Quite possibly as much as I loved the original - and that really was something special to me, back in the day.

The only gripe I have is with the Rallying stages. The cars handle so stupidly unrealistic on there (Well, compared to proper sims like McRae, Rallisport Challenge 2 etc.).

Suddenly I'm not bothered about my imminent loss of Broadband - this game is really that good enough to divert my attention!

I can't wait for the Endurance Races now - I used to love them...
Tue 15/03/05 at 09:21
Regular
"Anger leads to hate"
Yup, in the turbo upgrades i think. 5,000 credits, but worth it if you are compeating on even/worse ground, as they can give you a edge on long stretches - just remember to hold R1, or nowt happens + set the ratio to how much boost-to-time required.

Currently 16% done, just finished the all Jap GT for a wopping 250,000! But mostly been having fun in a modded mini cooper!

Just also worked out, the more modded the car BHP-wise the faster the grouping of cars you're pitted against. The BHP group is stated at the end of the race, so try and mod the car to the limit of your favorite/best group the tinker with downforce + tires to give you an edge without affecting BHP.

Also just because you can put a wing on doesn't mean any downforce is set automatically - you have to do that yerself.
Tue 15/03/05 at 08:37
Regular
There aren't any Nitrous kits in the game, are there?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.