GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Smith + Man Utd = Good or Bad?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 18/05/04 at 20:18
Regular
"Spurs 1 - 0 Man Utd"
Yeh do you think Smith would be good at United?

I think he would be good, but not amazing. He needs a club where he will be the star player, like Leeds. I think that's the only way he will shine. Although having said that, he will get the service at Man Utd that he may not get elsewhere.

I think he would be better off at a mediocre club, a bit like Liverpool :p

Your opinions?
Sat 22/05/04 at 14:58
Regular
Again, shows how much attention you have been paying, Heskey has played up front when he has played, Smith on the other hand has sacrificed a whole season for Leeds playing in odds and sods positions, not to mention half of the season adopting a role in central midfield.

As much as I hate the scum that are Manchester this is where he will prove to people he is the only natural replacement for Alan Shearer in the England team.

Smith is an awesome player, Heskey despite being in a team semi-performing all season still couldn't match an out of position Alan Smith.

Give Smith a season in his natural position and he will silence all those saying he is just a Leeds lad, Smithy is much much more.
Sat 22/05/04 at 14:59
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:

> As much as I hate the scum that are Manchester this is where he will
> prove to people he is the only natural replacement for Alan Shearer
> in the England team.

Hey you should love us at the moment we helped you get into Europe :-D

(anyway can you pop to the PS forum, left a message for you, thanks)
Sat 22/05/04 at 14:59
"High polygon count"
lalakersrule wrote:
> We'll see what he's like given top quality service in the box,
> something not seen very much from the Leeds team. If he's still not
> scoring lots of goals then you can give him the ultimate insult and
> compare him alongside Heskey :-D

Yeah, fair enough. My point is just that, given his record, he's not the sort of striker I'd expect United to be looking at.
Sat 22/05/04 at 15:01
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:

> Yeah, fair enough. My point is just that, given his record, he's not
> the sort of striker I'd expect United to be looking at.

Me either truthfully, i'd have preferred a proven striker on the european stage. But Smith is young and Fergie seems to be building a new generation of players so we'll see how it pans out. My choice would have been Torres though, course he'd come at about 4 times the price :-D
Sat 22/05/04 at 15:02
"High polygon count"
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> Smith on the other hand has sacrificed a whole season for Leeds
> playing in odds and sods positions, not to mention half of the season
> adopting a role in central midfield.

Erm... I did say that you could probably discount this season.

Doesn't explain the other seasons, though.

Anyway, I'm off to watch the Final.
Sat 22/05/04 at 15:06
Regular
I think you will find it does considering he played 14 games in central midfield two seasons back.
Sat 22/05/04 at 15:55
Regular
"Colourless"
mattributé wrote:
> The thing is, though, This season, Smith's been playing in a team
> where his best suppliers were Pennant, who's on loan from Arsenal,
> and Milner, who's in his first top flight season.
>
> Heskey played

Has he?

> in a team whos midfeild contained Gerrard and Kewell.

Gerrard's been playing in central midfield. And has been outstanding there. Kewell on the other hand, even though he's scored 8 or so, has had a poor season in my opinion, nothing like as good as he was at leeds....

> Who's got the better supply?

Dunno. Smith's a good player, probably better than Heskey. But he's not that good. So get over him. (especially Alastair)
Sat 22/05/04 at 15:59
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Well, I was just going to say that you should all respect his loyalty, but seeing as he wants to move (and to Manchester United), you can scratch that.
Sat 22/05/04 at 16:00
Regular
"Colourless"
Heh :D

Are you one of those Leeds fans who hates him now then?

Edit : s
Sat 22/05/04 at 16:55
Regular
He is that good, in your words "I should know I watch him play nearly every week".

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.