GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Smith + Man Utd = Good or Bad?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 18/05/04 at 20:18
Regular
"Spurs 1 - 0 Man Utd"
Yeh do you think Smith would be good at United?

I think he would be good, but not amazing. He needs a club where he will be the star player, like Leeds. I think that's the only way he will shine. Although having said that, he will get the service at Man Utd that he may not get elsewhere.

I think he would be better off at a mediocre club, a bit like Liverpool :p

Your opinions?
Tue 18/05/04 at 23:27
Regular
You need 4 decent strikers if you wanna do things like the treble.

Cole, Yorke, Solskjaer and Sheringham were never world class but they got the job done.
Tue 18/05/04 at 23:37
Regular
lalakersrule wrote:
> However it doesn't mean anything unless Fergie brings in a creative,
> world class midfielder to supply them with chances

Veron was supposed to be that player...

Need someone like Kaka in there. Although Fergie seems to think Fletcher is the future. I still want to give fletcher another season to prove himself though.
Tue 18/05/04 at 23:59
Regular
"favmanager"
No way!!! And did you know Man Utd bid £3.5m for Smith. Make me laugh! cheeky Man Utd, then 2nd bid £5.5m for Smith.
Cant Believe like that, Man Utd got bloody lots of money, they should bid over 8m-10m for Smith!!!!!!!! Smith only 23 years old!

Hope Smith go away to aboard, to lesson for england!!!!!!!!
Wed 19/05/04 at 00:05
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Well you can't blame United for trying with a lower offer as Leeds are fairly desparate.

I still think this deal may go through for around the £7.5 mill mark and I think it would be a great buy for United.

At 23 you would get a player who is ready to go to that next level. If he doesn't get many chances in the first team then we could always loan him back to Leeds ;)
Wed 19/05/04 at 00:38
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
mattributé wrote:
> Any true Leeds fan would never leave Leeds for any club, let alone Man
> United.
>
> If he leaves for them, he can't ever come back.

Why would he want to go back if he signs for United? It'd be like moving from a penthouse mansion back to a bedsit in Peckham. Smith is going up in the world and leaving that crappy club behind and i don't blame him. Play in division 1 for the scummers or come to the Theatre of Dreams and play European football? Tough choice that :-D
Wed 19/05/04 at 08:06
Regular
"tokyo police club"
lalakersrule wrote:
> Why would he want to go back if he signs for United? It'd be like
> moving from a penthouse mansion back to a bedsit in Peckham. Smith is
> going up in the world and leaving that crappy club behind and i don't
> blame him. Play in division 1 for the scummers or come to the Theatre
> of Dreams and play European football? Tough choice that :-D

I'm sorry, but you seem to know little to nothing about where Alan Smith allegences are supposed to lay.

He's supposed to be a bona-fide, true Leeds fan. And, as any Leeds fan will tell you, Manchester United are the enemy. It's like what Man City are to Man United.

If he was a TRUE Leeds fan, there is no way he'd choose playing for the scum in europe over Leeds in Division 1 - Idrather be playing for Leeds on a grand a week in Division 3 than at Man United for 20 grand in europe.

I was annoyed when Rio left us, but, in retrospect, that was the best thing that ever could've happened. The Leeds fans were peed off, and he was only a sooutherner. When someone has a choice of leaving Leeds, and is a 'True' Leeds fan, and he chooses to go to Man United, what are Leeds supposed to do?

He's a fecking traitor if he leaves for Man United, and he can except a bit of hate mail from all leeds fans, me included.

And I can't believe I nearly cried for him at the Leeds Charlton match, the little phoney.

I hope he breaks his leg.
Wed 19/05/04 at 08:27
Regular
"RIP: Brian Clough"
Once Mark Viduka and James Milner leave, Leeds will have no strikers left! D'oh.
Wed 19/05/04 at 11:25
Regular
"Previously Vampyr"
yeah leeds suck. just think in 4 seaons they will be out of the pro football leegs
Wed 19/05/04 at 11:31
Regular
Alan Smith went to my School. I can tell you now he's mostly in it for the money. If he gets an offer from Man U, I can see him going. Oh, and Leeds will probably let him go for the lowest bid too, like all their other sales!

When large amounts of money are concerned, loyalty goes out the window - everyone will sell-out for a price.
Wed 19/05/04 at 11:35
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
mattributé wrote:

> I'm sorry, but you seem to know little to nothing about where Alan
> Smith allegences are supposed to lay.

Oh i do know where they're SUPPOSED to lie but as i live in the real world instead of the rosy deranged world of the leeds fan's mind i pay little attention to it. He's a person that like everyone has a career to think about and be able to support himself. Now given the choice of playing in division 1 for your scum for a measly pay packet or joining a decent club like us for a good weekly wage while also playing in european competition bettering himself so he'll get picked for England i'm sure i know which i'd choose, allegiance or not.

> If he was a TRUE Leeds fan, there is no way he'd choose playing for
> the scum in europe over Leeds in Division 1 - Idrather be playing for
> Leeds on a grand a week in Division 3 than at Man United for 20 grand
> in europe.

More fool you then, you can explain to your kid when you retire why you're not living it up in the life of luxury but instead stuck in a semi in Leeds. *Ah but don't worry son who needs a comfortable life, i still have my allegiance to Leeds United*

> I was annoyed when Rio left us, but, in retrospect, that was the best
> thing that ever could've happened. The Leeds fans were peed off, and
> he was only a sooutherner. When someone has a choice of leaving
> Leeds, and is a 'True' Leeds fan, and he chooses to go to Man United,
> what are Leeds supposed to do?

say thanks for the transfer fee and move on?

> He's a fecking traitor if he leaves for Man United, and he can except
> a bit of hate mail from all leeds fans, me included.

Got nothing better to do with your life then do sad little rubbish like this then?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.