GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Pokemon- Would you admit to have played it?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 18/04/01 at 23:43
Regular
Ok the name in itself speaks of 'Little-Kids' But I have to say I actually enjoyed this game. Im 20 years old! for gods sake.
Am I being a little childish? Has anyone else played it? or would you admit to playing it?
Go on be brave, have you?!!!
Fri 20/04/01 at 21:07
Regular
A bit of a stupid comment i think.
Fri 20/04/01 at 20:39
Regular
"smile, it's free"
I steer well away from pokémon because of the associated stigma. I've never played it, and I probably won't either.

Pure undiluted predjudice. Perhaps the first sign I may one day defect from Nintendo?

Nah. ;)
Fri 20/04/01 at 20:34
Regular
"TheCoolNerd on Live"
I personally think Pokémon is a great games franchise. I played the Yellow version and it is one of my favourite games ever. I was addicted to it for days and couldn't stop staring at my Game Boy Color!

I have recently bought the Silver version. I haven't played through it all yet but I've got about half way through it and it is a fantastic sequel to the original games with improvements in all departments.

I also think that Pokémon is a little too advanced for kids. You have to use strategy to win and must play for hours to get anywhere. I take it as a fairly hardcore game and what's more it's FUN!

I am 16 years old and absolutely adore the Pokémon games. I know people who are older than me will agree too!

And my fave Pokémon are Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Chikorita and Mew!
Thu 19/04/01 at 23:50
Regular
Dan_uk wrote:
> I've nearly finished Gold now (another 13 monsters to obtain) and
> it's great.

It's nice seeing your old team in colours (I finally
> got to evolve my L100 Scyther!) and there's now 251 pokemon to
> obtain.

It won't male the same impact as the original but it's
> still a must have!

So you can port your old pokemon onto to Gold and silver?

Thu 19/04/01 at 22:52
Regular
My Ditto is a bit of a pokeslut.

It likes to join another pokemon in the daycare center and transform into it's type only the opposite sex.

I haven't seen it at it before but those eggs don't come out of nowhere!
Thu 19/04/01 at 22:48
Regular
I've nearly finished Gold now (another 13 monsters to obtain) and it's great.

It's nice seeing your old team in colours (I finally got to evolve my L100 Scyther!) and there's now 251 pokemon to obtain.

It won't male the same impact as the original but it's still a must have!

Thu 19/04/01 at 22:41
Regular
i love it for two reasons. Its fun to play, and its carried Nintendo over the last few years.
Thu 19/04/01 at 22:38
Regular
I have played it and it's good!
Thu 19/04/01 at 22:36
Regular
What was the last game you played then Tony?
Thu 19/04/01 at 22:31
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
No honestly!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.