GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Pokemon- Would you admit to have played it?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 18/04/01 at 23:43
Regular
Ok the name in itself speaks of 'Little-Kids' But I have to say I actually enjoyed this game. Im 20 years old! for gods sake.
Am I being a little childish? Has anyone else played it? or would you admit to playing it?
Go on be brave, have you?!!!
Wed 18/04/01 at 23:43
Regular
"Nasty Fat Hobbit!"
Ok the name in itself speaks of 'Little-Kids' But I have to say I actually enjoyed this game. Im 20 years old! for gods sake.
Am I being a little childish? Has anyone else played it? or would you admit to playing it?
Go on be brave, have you?!!!
Wed 18/04/01 at 23:53
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
i dont have a gameboy or pokemon but i have played it for a little while.

i would never admit it coz i would get a slaggin in school but i played pokemon yellow for about a hour when my little cousin came round. i got bored of it though and diddnt really see the fuss about it.

you should get into better, mature games and grab a copy of quake 3 and frag people online!

Thu 19/04/01 at 00:12
"Uzi Lover"
In Answer to your question, two words : Of Course!

What is to be ashamed about playing Pokemon? It doesn't matter if you are 12, 20 or 200 (Not likely) Pokemon is for all ages.

It doesn't matter what theme the game has or the hype which has been raised by children and the cartoon. Pokemon is gameplay and gameplay is games. There is no need to feel ashamed that you are playing one of THE best games of all time, is there? I think not!

Why miss out on such a classic if you feel you are too old?

One things for sure, it doesn't matter where I am or who I'm with, Pokemon secures the slot in my Gameboy and I see it continuing for a long while yet.
Thu 19/04/01 at 01:13
Regular
people who havnt played the game see it as being very childish. I was in my school 6th form playing it and everyone thought i was sad. I'm 17 and love it, but i have learned to keep quiet about it as people think u r weird.
Thu 19/04/01 at 07:28
tis alright but not brilliant.
Thu 19/04/01 at 12:16
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
*Stands up nervously*

My name is FantasyMeister, and I have played Pokemon Blue on the Gameboy Color.

But I haven't played it for 3 months now!!!

*Everyone claps and cheers. FM takes his seat again*
Thu 19/04/01 at 12:18
"Uzi Lover"
Once you got into the game, espically when the hype was around it was an amazing game.

Swoping creatures etc, saying you have a Pokemon and others being jealous, it was great.

However, I don't think I will be buying Gold/Silver.

Stadium made the game greater as well!
Thu 19/04/01 at 12:19
"Uzi Lover"
FantasyMeister wrote:
*Stands up nervously*

My name is FantasyMeister, and I have played Pokemon Blue on the Gameboy Color.

But I haven't played it for 3 months now!!!

*Everyone claps and cheers. FM takes his seat again*

LMAO! haahah thats the funniest thing I've seen on here!

Congrats!
Thu 19/04/01 at 19:05
Regular
"Whatever!"
I dont mind admitting that I have played Pokemon - In fact I own the yellow version and am considering getting the gold one also - They are pretty decent games!!
Thu 19/04/01 at 20:13
I dont mind admitting to playing Pokemon - I mean as long as you enjoy playing the game yourself, then it doesn't really matter what other people think does it?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.