GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Ashes"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 12/11/06 at 12:15
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Discuss the Ashes here.

First up, which would you pick - Chris Read or Geraint Jones?

It would have to Chris Read for me. I just think he's better in all areas of his game than Jones. Fletcher doesn't seem to think so though...
Mon 20/11/06 at 15:56
Regular
"Colourless"
Warm up matches don't count. I'll continually take the p*ss out of him throughout the series hoping that he proves me very wrong.
Sat 18/11/06 at 12:59
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
JL wrote:
> Ian Bellfornought.

:-P

Pretty good performance by England yesterday, nice to see Collingwood finding his form again.
Fri 17/11/06 at 16:08
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
The thing I've noticed about Australia is they never seem to be in turmoil. They lose a few players, but that's fine because they have the replacements, who never seem troubled by coming into the team.

I can't remember the last time they went into a Test match and were not considered favourites. It must have been before I started watching cricket.
Thu 16/11/06 at 21:34
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
I'd go for Jones as Reid isn't as good at scoring runs and is pretty wreckless at times getting himself out needlessley when he should just try and stay in.

I'd go for Giles over Monty as Monty has good and bad spells where as Giles is a better player all round.

Looks like Trescothics England career is over which is a shame but your health has to come first before a game of cricket.

As for the Ashes I'm not very confident of us retaining them but I'm looking forward to a good battle!
Thu 16/11/06 at 16:34
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
Looks like it will be Cooky replacing Tresco, and yeah Bell's already in the squad.

Not too sure about the whole wicket-keeper thing. The argument that they chose Jones over Read because he apparently is a better batsman is odd, seeing as the reason Jones was dropped was because he wasn't making the needed runs I thought. Maybe it's just the fact he's got greater experience and he was in the winning squad last year.

South Australia next... looks like there's only going to be one spinner to be in the squad. So Monty or Giles?

I'm going with Monty because he can adapt his bowling to most situations. And although his batting may not be up to scratch (it has improved though, as has his fielding) if Jonesy is going to produce the runs it shouldn't be a problem.
Tue 14/11/06 at 14:43
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
I thought Bell was in the team anyway. It'll probably be Alistair Cook that'll come in.
Tue 14/11/06 at 13:33
Regular
"Colourless"
Trescothick will miss the entire series apparently. Uh oh...

We'll have to bring in Ian Bellfornought.
Sun 12/11/06 at 12:15
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Discuss the Ashes here.

First up, which would you pick - Chris Read or Geraint Jones?

It would have to Chris Read for me. I just think he's better in all areas of his game than Jones. Fletcher doesn't seem to think so though...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.