GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Ashes"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 12/11/06 at 12:15
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Discuss the Ashes here.

First up, which would you pick - Chris Read or Geraint Jones?

It would have to Chris Read for me. I just think he's better in all areas of his game than Jones. Fletcher doesn't seem to think so though...
Tue 26/12/06 at 15:56
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
So, a pretty terrible start for England. Bowled out for 159. It seemed like the commentators were 90% certain they would have bowled first because of the weather.

The only bright spot for England was getting 2 wickets late on in the day. Need to get through them pretty quickly. Any partnerships and England will be looking at 4-0.

Warne picking up his 700th test wickets was a peachy bowl on Strauss. Different class.
Wed 20/12/06 at 16:23
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Looks like Warne is about to announce his retirement after the 5th Ashes test.
Mon 18/12/06 at 14:20
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
It wasn't really a surprise. England should have won the 2nd test or at least drawn it and bowling them out for 244 in the first innings should have pushed them on to being at least closer.

Australia have been the better team and they deserve to win. I watched a bit of it last night. As soon as Flintoff got bowled, I stopped watching. I knew it was over then.
Mon 18/12/06 at 11:01
Regular
"Funky Gibon"
Say bye bye to the ashes.
Sun 17/12/06 at 15:37
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
I can't see England chasing down the required total and it looks like the Aussies will be regaining the ashes in a little over 12 hours time :(
Sun 17/12/06 at 12:19
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
If Cook had survived until the end of play, maybe there was a slim chance that a miracle might happen. I just can't see it now, not even a draw.

Flintoff's batting has been below par all series and I can't see Jones or any of the bowlers sticking around.
Sun 17/12/06 at 08:40
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
I don't want to get hopes up, but go England. Shame about Collingwood but otherwise a controlled innings so far.

*touches wood*
Sat 16/12/06 at 13:45
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
It's going to be a very tall order. I can't see it happening and I really think that Australia will be looking for the 5-0 whitewash of the series now.
Sat 16/12/06 at 13:11
Regular
"Funky Gibon"
So we chase a record run score and again Straus went for little, a duck. 19-1 when we need more than 500. Come on Cook prove yourself like you can with Essex.
Fri 15/12/06 at 16:42
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
Maybe Harmy and Monty should be moved up the order...

Yeah, I'd agree Collingwood's probably the pick of the batsman, Pietersen has been pretty fine too though. Shame Cook couldn't replicate how he batted against Western Australia.

Still plenty of time to get wickets and chase a total, but obviously Australia have the time to build a big total and dismiss England too. Good luck to England.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.