GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GTA: (Somewhere British)"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Grand Theft Auto'.
Sat 12/03/05 at 20:44
Regular
"Being Ignorant"
Have you noticed ever since Grand Theft Auto 3 all the games have been based on America (American characters, cars, dress-sense etc.)? Wouldn't it be nice if Rockstar could produce something like GTA: London again, but in 3D? San Andreas had a touch of British with two cockney characters, but that's been about it. I'm looking more along the lines of The Getaway or The Italian Job, only with a touch of Rockstar genius. It's got all the ingredients of a great game.
Sat 12/03/05 at 22:41
Regular
"The definitive tag"
Good reasons for not selling well. Apparently GTA London wasn't very good, and The Getaway isn't really that good either. A British GTA will sell well as long as it is up to the standard of GTA 3 and Vice City, but it will have to be better than the glitchy mess that is San Andreas.
Sat 12/03/05 at 22:34
Regular
": ("
Crunch wrote:
> Ashley_90 wrote:
> But it wouldn;t sell as well in America which is a big loss.
>
> GTA London and The Getaway sold well didn't they? But copmpared to the other GTA games I bet they didn;t.
Sat 12/03/05 at 22:30
Regular
"Being Ignorant"
WALESWALESWALES wrote:
> Chr1s wrote:
> WALESWALESWALES wrote:
> GTA:Wales would be sucha laugh
>
> Is that because Wales is a big joke :)
>
> no it would b amazing, killing in the mountains, shooting sheep with
> guns etc etc

And seeing a strange man with a sheep...
Sat 12/03/05 at 22:11
Regular
"The definitive tag"
WALESWALESWALES wrote:
> GTA:Wales would be sucha laugh

Is that because Wales is a big joke :)
Sat 12/03/05 at 22:10
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Only thing is R* could alienate some Americans by moving the series away from their country. However I do think GTA:TOKYO could be brilliant, hopefully someone from Rockstar is reading this topic.

;)
Sat 12/03/05 at 22:05
Regular
"The definitive tag"
Going to be a very long time before there is any news of the next GTA. I can't see Rockstar doing another one for the PS2. San Andreas pushed it past it's limits and we were left with a visual disaster. Japan does sound intriguing though.
Sat 12/03/05 at 22:03
Regular
"Being Ignorant"
Ashley_90 wrote:
> But it wouldn;t sell as well in America which is a big loss.

GTA London and The Getaway sold well didn't they? Just a simple 3D version of GTA London would do, not GTA Bristol or Bath. A GTA Manchester or Newcastle wouldn't be bad though. You could have chavas wearing rockports with tracksuit bottoms, stripey jumpers and burberry hats asking you for 50p and hanging round street corners with bottles of cider smoking buckets.
Sat 12/03/05 at 22:01
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
GTA: Edinburgh (since that's where Rockstar North are based)
GTA: London (makes sense)
GTA: Glasgow (doing drive-bys in Govan anyone?)
GTA: Newcastle (great accents)

But I like the idea of one set in Japan, it would sell like hotcakes in the West and Far East, and you could play through as an ex-triad member or something. Yea, I could see that working.
Sat 12/03/05 at 21:28
Regular
"The definitive tag"
Hedfix wrote:
> I'd rather they had a go at doing what Mercenaries has done:
>
> GTA: Warzones anybody?

Or could we just leave that to Mercenaries?
Sat 12/03/05 at 21:24
Regular
": ("
WALESWALESWALES wrote:
> GTA:WW2 ?
> cant reali c it working.

Thats not what he said though...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.