GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GTA: (Somewhere British)"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Grand Theft Auto'.
Sat 12/03/05 at 20:44
Regular
"Being Ignorant"
Have you noticed ever since Grand Theft Auto 3 all the games have been based on America (American characters, cars, dress-sense etc.)? Wouldn't it be nice if Rockstar could produce something like GTA: London again, but in 3D? San Andreas had a touch of British with two cockney characters, but that's been about it. I'm looking more along the lines of The Getaway or The Italian Job, only with a touch of Rockstar genius. It's got all the ingredients of a great game.
Sat 12/03/05 at 21:23
Regular
"8==="
I'd rather they had a go at doing what Mercenaries has done:

GTA: Warzones anybody?
Sat 12/03/05 at 21:21
Regular
": ("
Japan is interesting.
Sat 12/03/05 at 21:19
Regular
England is a boring place to set it in anyway, the next one should be in Japan.
Sat 12/03/05 at 21:15
Regular
"The definitive tag"
If the PS3 will be capable of that then it would be great, but certainly not something that should be tried on the PS2. San Andreas's immense size came at an even bigger graphical price. Attempting something bigger would be a mistake.
Sat 12/03/05 at 21:06
Regular
"The definitive tag"
The Getaway has already covered London twice. Obviously if Rockstar decided to do it then it would probably be better but I can't see it happening. Rockstar are likely to go for something more original.
Sat 12/03/05 at 20:59
Regular
But it wouldn;t sell as well in America which is a big loss.
Sat 12/03/05 at 20:59
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
If I want GTA: Bristol I just step out the front door. I'm not saying it's a rough neighbourhood but this morning I found the milkman's horse up on bricks outside my house.

However, something drug/crime-related that flits between Glasgow, Manchester and London might be neat. Wouldn't sell to well worldwide though as they'd probably have trouble understanding a Manc accent abroad (unless all the voices were done by Jane Leeves from Frasier).
Sat 12/03/05 at 20:44
Regular
"Being Ignorant"
Have you noticed ever since Grand Theft Auto 3 all the games have been based on America (American characters, cars, dress-sense etc.)? Wouldn't it be nice if Rockstar could produce something like GTA: London again, but in 3D? San Andreas had a touch of British with two cockney characters, but that's been about it. I'm looking more along the lines of The Getaway or The Italian Job, only with a touch of Rockstar genius. It's got all the ingredients of a great game.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.