GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Poll: Most anticipated game."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 17/04/01 at 19:08
Regular
Ok, whats the game that you've anticipated the release of the most? Or the game that you're looking forward to the most that hasnt been released yet?

We all have games that we HAD to get on release day. What were they for you? Did they live up to expectations?

There's only 2 games ive bought on day of release, they were MSR and B&W. MSR definately lived up to my hopes. B&W is good, but i think i need to play it some more to really get into it.
Tue 17/04/01 at 23:41
Regular
Ant wrote:
> Batistuta wrote:
> yeah i cant wait to see all those
> dissapointed PS2 owners faces!

Actually, have you played the MGS2
> demo???

C'mon the PS2 Forum, then you'll see that we don't have
> disappointed looks on our faces, but very happy ones!!

Also, I
> can't wait to see your disappointed face when the GC comes out and
> does exactly what the PS2 did (read my new topic in the PS2 Forum
> about expecting too much to fond out more)

actually i aint hyped about the GC. I know it probably wont do as well as the PS2 sales wise, but as long as its nintendo i will be happy. Anything with the nintendo tag always brings a smile to my face.
Tue 17/04/01 at 23:16
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
I done a topic on hype ant but it didnt go to well coz i thought it was mostly bad than good.

I got it for christmas too and i also think it is great but when i play 3 player with my mates theres very few levels anly 6 i think. the only minor gripe i have with the game.
Tue 17/04/01 at 23:15
Regular
"TheCoolNerd on Live"
Over-hyping is really bad 'cos if it does turn out to be crap then it could be really damaging for the game in question.
Tue 17/04/01 at 23:13
Regular
"TheCoolNerd on Live"
Yeah Ant, but that's just a demo. The final game could be delayed for ages like Daikatana and become dated that way. Alternatively, the final game might be incredibly short which would be really disappointing and make the hype seem unnecessary.
Tue 17/04/01 at 23:11
Regular
"I like cheese"
hype can be good, you know.

I mean, the Indrema is finished. Why?? Becuase no one knew of it, and no one really cared about it.

If it had been hyped, I expect the project would've been more successful.
Regular
"Palace 5-0 Brighton"
Leave the Playstation2 alone people! I have the MGS2 demo, and I think that it was more than what I have expected of it. I know that most of you are not too fond of the PS2 but to wish you could see our disappointed faces and call it a piece of trash is really taking the kiss now.

If I didn’t like the MGs2 demo, don’t you think I would have told everyone what a waste of money it was? Im not going to pretend that the £40 I spent on it was well worth it if I didn’t like it now would I! As Ant said, there are plenty of peoples views on the demo, you go off and read them and then come back and see if you can say we will be disappointed.

If I hadn’t of played the demo, then yes, I could be a little disappointed with the outcome of the game but considering as I have played it, through and through about 10 times, I have a feel of what the game is going to be.

So come on, I don’t dish out abuse on the Gamcube so I don’t expect the PS2 to be called trash.
Regular
"TheCoolNerd on Live"
Yeah, I agree. QIIIA on DC is quality stuff. I got it for Christmas and I play it loads. I especially like playing the split-screen with my mate.
Tue 17/04/01 at 23:10
Regular
"I like cheese"
Pagey wrote:
> Hype doesn't do anything any good. It just makes it more painful if
> it turns out to be tacky. Take Daikatana for example. That was hyped
> up for ages and turned out to be totally average. You never know,
> GT3 and MGS2 might turn out to be disappointing too.

Well, I have played MGS2, and that easily lives up to it.
Tue 17/04/01 at 23:07
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
i was really antisapatin quake 3 and i was happy to say it lived up to my expectations on the DC

my first online game didnt go so well as i was dissconected after about 15 seconds.

but i went rite back in and made some friends and enemies online.

one great game!
Tue 17/04/01 at 23:02
Regular
"TheCoolNerd on Live"
Hype doesn't do anything any good. It just makes it more painful if it turns out to be tacky. Take Daikatana for example. That was hyped up for ages and turned out to be totally average. You never know, GT3 and MGS2 might turn out to be disappointing too.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.