GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Poll: Most anticipated game."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 17/04/01 at 19:08
Regular
Ok, whats the game that you've anticipated the release of the most? Or the game that you're looking forward to the most that hasnt been released yet?

We all have games that we HAD to get on release day. What were they for you? Did they live up to expectations?

There's only 2 games ive bought on day of release, they were MSR and B&W. MSR definately lived up to my hopes. B&W is good, but i think i need to play it some more to really get into it.
Tue 17/04/01 at 22:01
Regular
i didnt love it as much as i loved goldeneye the first time i played it. I still loved Pd but not at the same level as goldeneye
Tue 17/04/01 at 22:00
Regular
I loved PD when i first got it.
Tue 17/04/01 at 21:58
Regular
i was very hyped bout PD. and a bit dissapointed by it. It was still good, but not the game i had waited for, its release date was put back loads of time so they could make it "perfect" but it wasnt the gaming masterpiece i was expecting
Tue 17/04/01 at 21:58
Regular
"Whatever!"
There have been many games Ive anticipated and recieved on day of release - The ones that stick in my mind the most are:

Zelda - Ocarina of Time
WWF Attitude
Perfect Dark
Metropolis Street Racer
Conkers BFD
Banjo Tooie

All those but one matched up to expectations - Most of them were delayed for well over a year and well worth the wait but WWF Attitude I was quite disappointed with, it wasnt really a huge step from Warzone but still fun nevertheless!!

Now I am anticipating hundreds of titles - Most noticably MGS2, GT3, Shenmue II, Black and White (DC), Excitebike 64...
Tue 17/04/01 at 21:54
Regular
Perfect Dark the one.
Tue 17/04/01 at 21:54
Regular
The most anticipated game was Perfect Dark.
Goldeneye was magic and people wanted more.

And as great as it was, it just couldn't live up to all the hype that had built up to it's release so if any one says it's crap, it's they're own fault for being to hyped!
Tue 17/04/01 at 21:52
Regular
hopefully other bad fur day will be longer on the GC! how long did it take u to complete. no-one i know spent more than 20hours. i did it in 15. suppose with the 1.5GB discs on GC we should see longer games.
Tue 17/04/01 at 21:50
Conkers other bad day is a mick take in its self! Its showing he's having another bad day. And i haven't seen the ending to DKR but my mate dringo says he laughs etc etc... but there hasn't been a sequal yet. It looks like the charaiters of diidy kong racing are begain put into there own game, and that it is also used as a 'spring board' to intoduce new charaiters. This might appear on the GC so rare can do it again.
Tue 17/04/01 at 21:48
the multiplayer hover craft was **%!"$^!
Tue 17/04/01 at 21:46
Regular
i found it boring as well at first. But if u sat down with it and gave it some solid playing it was good. Mind it was only good on single player. Multiplayer twas s***e

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.