GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Man Utd - we should not be sucking"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 07/05/04 at 15:39
Regular
"Previously Vampyr"
seriously, man utd it really cud be said were the greatest team in the world at one point, but we have gone downhill, bad transfers such as Kleberson, Djemba x2, forlan they all suck ass. I am a big man u fan but if ferguson doesnt get the title next season, we should sack him. I av lots to say so post here now or sooner
Fri 07/05/04 at 15:39
Regular
"Previously Vampyr"
seriously, man utd it really cud be said were the greatest team in the world at one point, but we have gone downhill, bad transfers such as Kleberson, Djemba x2, forlan they all suck ass. I am a big man u fan but if ferguson doesnt get the title next season, we should sack him. I av lots to say so post here now or sooner
Fri 07/05/04 at 15:56
Regular
"Spurs 1 - 0 Man Utd"
I totally agree, I think Fergie's time is up, and he should quit while he is still marginally ahead.

For him, he has made some awful signings, namely Djemba Djemba and Kleberson, as you said. Bother have done nothing, and have simply been reserve players, nothing like Man Utd standards. Then he decides to bring up players like Bellion, who simply are not ready and/or up to Man Utd standards.

Perhaps your greatest flop has to be Saha, he was brilliant by Fulham standards, but surely we all knew he was not Man Utd material?

Forlan, he is not awful, simply lacking match practise. Ok, he took 40 games to score, but earlier this season he was on fire for you. He is a confidence player, much like Owen. Look at Owen, when he plays well he scores goals like against Argentina in 1998. When he plays badly and is low on confidence, he hits the crossbar from a yard out. That's not because he's a bad player, but because he lacks practice.

*hopes Stu didn't read that*

Then again, having said that Fergie has bought in a few good players, such as Ruud and Rio, but more recently Mr C Ronaldo. I am a huge fan of this guy, and am confident that in a few seasons, he will be as good as, if not better, than Beckham ever was. What he lacks in the crossing and shooting department, he surely makes up for in his ability to run at players.

So yeh, Fergie has to go.

Wait, I forgot possibly the most stupid thing he did, and that was to upset one David Beckham. At the moment, one of the best players in the world, and if Fergie hadn't rubbed hi up the wrong way, he would surely still be in Manchester...Where would Man Utd be with him? Who knows, we possibly will never know.
Fri 07/05/04 at 16:03
Regular
"RIP: Brian Clough"
Vampyr wrote:
> seriously, man utd it really cud be said were the greatest team in the
> world at one point, but we have gone downhill, bad transfers such as
> Kleberson, Djemba x2, forlan they all suck ass. I am a big man u fan
> but if ferguson doesnt get the title next season, we should sack him.
> I av lots to say so post here now or sooner

Manchester United have made so many bad signings though. Ruud van Nistelrooy for £18m was an exception though and Fergie did very well to purchase him, but players like Juan Sebastian Veron, Rio Ferdinand and to an extent Tim Howard just haven't worked out. United need to stop buying players and re-build the team confidence. It will be a shame if Nicky Butt leaves in the summer to a club like Birmingham City, after David Beckham's departure for Real Madrid - because for almost a decade United had Roy Keane, David Beckham, Nicky Butt, Paul Scholes, Gary Neville and Phil Neville to rely on. The group of them all knew each other and I believe it was this combination that helped them to the famous treble winning 1999 season and so much other silverware. Manchester United need to stop buying and selling and hold on to their key assets.
Fri 07/05/04 at 16:37
Regular
"Spurs 1 - 0 Man Utd"
Forest Fan wrote:
> Manchester United have made so many bad signings though. Ruud van
> Nistelrooy for £18m was an exception though and Fergie did very
> well to purchase him, but players like Juan Sebastian Veron, Rio
> Ferdinand and to an extent Tim Howard just haven't worked out.

Howard is incredible, just he isn't up to long periods of matches. He is mentally ill, and when that's sorted out, I have no doubt he will be the best goalie in the Premiership, perhaps bar Cudicini. He was a brilliant signing, especially for the price tag.

Ferdinand?? - He is amazing, perhaps not worth the huge price tag but Man Utd need him and these last few months has proved that, showing that their form drops dramatically when he's out.

Veron - Failure, for once I agree with you.
Fri 07/05/04 at 16:51
Regular
"Redness Returneth"
I totally agree. Fergie is well past his best. He has made some great signings: Eric Cantona, Peter Schemichel and Ruud van Nistelrooy to name a few. But now he has lost it. It wasn't his fault about Kleberson. He was brilliant with Brazil in the 2002 World Cup but he has not adjusted to the pace of the Premiership. I also forgive him for buying Tim Howard for 2 or so million. He has been Fantastic. But he signed Juan Sebastian Veron, I will never forgive him for that. He was pitiful in the English Premiership and he was only half-decent in Europe. The other players who has has signed recently are players like Cristiano Ronaldo, Eric Djemba-Djemba and David Bellion. I can see that they are for the future but what we need are players who are top quality. I would rather have had Ronaldinho than Djemba-Djemba, Bellion and Saha any day. That leads me to another point. Okay, Saha is good but definetly not brilliant or even near United standards. Fergie should see that winning the Community Shield isn't enough in a season. We want the Premiership and unless we sign some amazing players then we will always finish third.
Fri 07/05/04 at 16:58
Regular
"Colourless"
Bellion is not a flop. He's a quality prospect, he's got lightning pace and a good finishing ability from what I've seen so far.

Djemba-Djemba, as Lil Bro so often says about other teams OTHER THAN his own, "Man Utd Broke him." Whereas what he means (and what he says about players at spurs e.g. Mabizela) is that they just haven't had the chance. How is Djemba-Djemba supposed to get in the team and impress over Scholes and Keane. They are two of the best CM's in the country so you can't expect him to walk straight in to the team.

Forlan. Is. Useless. He missed from 2 yards out against Everton. IT was easier to head it in than over the bar. Luckily for him, I think the offside flag saved his blushes a bit, but it was a shocking miss. He has been a flop.

Get rid of Fergie? ARE you mad??!?!
Fri 07/05/04 at 19:43
Regular
Ferguson should have gone when stam left. that was the transfer that ruined united.
if you still had veron you wouldn't be so screwed either. any true united fan with half a brain (yes i know they are hard to find! lol) would have killed to have had veron there this season, insteard of the new jokers.
Fri 07/05/04 at 20:38
Regular
"The Red Shift"
howards had a great season. you can't criticise him. castigate ferguson all you want 'cos i'd like to see the back of him for everyone's sake.
Fri 07/05/04 at 22:15
Regular
I think if next season is anything like the current one then perhaps it would be time for Fergie to step down. However, give his signings a bit more time. Kleberson has won the World Cup, and hes only young, and I'm sure there was some personal problems as soon as he arrived which didnt help him settle. Given time, he may become great. Djemba is another who so far has disappointed but should be given another season to settle. Many players have become good after an initial poor spell. Look at Henry.

Saha has done everything right so far in terms of getting goals. Comapred to Van Nistelrooy since January he has a much better goals/game ratio. Playing with better players will improve his game and remember that Man Utd have not been creating chances this season, which isnt the forwards fault.

Howard has been great, and he was cheap so he gets a thumbs up as a good signing.

If the board had allowed Ronaldinho to sign (dont think it was Fergies fault they didnt muched it up) then Utd may well have been league champs and done well in Europe and Fergie would have been the saviour again.
Fri 07/05/04 at 23:28
Regular
Personally i think its all been blown out of proportion.

The amount of points United are set to get has been enough to win the premiership in previous seasons. Chelsea and Arsenal have just got better.

I cant believe some of the critisism Saha has come under. Do people really expect these players to fit into the team straight away?!

Anyway, Fergie apparently has £40M to spend in the summer although i think a few players will have to leave before any additions can be made...Forlan top of that list.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.