GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Is 3 guitarists too much?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 04/05/04 at 18:09
Regular
"This one goes to 11"
Ok, so I'm in this new band. We're all experienced musicians and we all have the same influences etc., but we have 3 guitarists. As you would expect, most people who hear about us say "Isn't three guitarists overkill?", but i'm not sure, it worked for Iron Maiden, right? And Lynyrd Skynyrd (Sweet Home Alabama!!!), and the soloing possibilities are endless: Twin lead solos with chords, harmonizing with chords, three guitars harmonizing!!! It would sound great, but what do you do for the rest of the song? Its damn near impossible to write a riff for three guitar parts, so we'll probably end up with one of us just having to miss out a bit of the song while the other 2 player. So anyway, three guitarists: Rock and roll, or bordering on Busted?
Fri 07/05/04 at 18:55
Regular
"This one goes to 11"
I saw their video for, er....the one where theyre all in school uniform. Their guitars were so low its actually proff that theyre not actually playing, anyone with a guitar that low would have R.S.I. in their wrist after about a weeks, its just not possible. Slash comes close, but then that guy just totally kicks ass. I would so love to see a fight between Slash/Zack Wylde and the whole of busted, it would be SO entertaining....
Thu 06/05/04 at 22:55
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
triggerhappyrocker wrote:
> Memorandum! wrote:
> Busted only have two guitarists. The third one plays bass.
>
> No, Busted have various members which all seem to 'play' guitar,
> bass, and drums, as apparently they all swap parts in the videos,
> especially the kid with the eyebrows, charlie is it? Whatever, they
> just sing and jump up and down withridiculously low-slung guitars.
> Sh*t band.

They play live when they're on tour. And their guitars aren't really all that low...I play with mine pretty much the same...
Thu 06/05/04 at 18:17
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
So do lots of people, why single out Busted? It's almost like you're treating them as a serious band...
Thu 06/05/04 at 17:48
Regular
"8==="
Did they do a cover of Centerfold?

That was actually pretty good. :S
Thu 06/05/04 at 17:40
Regular
"This one goes to 11"
No, we have an obsession with ABUSING busted. they suck!
Thu 06/05/04 at 17:20
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
I've noticed people on this forum have an obsession with Busted.
Thu 06/05/04 at 17:19
Regular
"This one goes to 11"
Ok, we hav our first full practise at a proper recordin studio this sunday with all six of us (3 guitars, drums, bass and vocalist) so we're gonna giv it a go. I just realised, this means we can do System of a Down - Chop Suey live! Sweet. All we need now are some groupies......
Thu 06/05/04 at 17:13
Regular
"8==="
I say "go for it!" :)

*Thumbs up*
Thu 06/05/04 at 16:59
Regular
"This one goes to 11"
Memorandum! wrote:
> Busted only have two guitarists. The third one plays bass.

No, Busted have various members which all seem to 'play' guitar, bass, and drums, as apparently they all swap parts in the videos, especially the kid with the eyebrows, charlie is it? Whatever, they just sing and jump up and down withridiculously low-slung guitars. Sh*t band.
Thu 06/05/04 at 16:22
Regular
"keep your receipt"
Will be very messy live. Consider where each guitarist's sound is gonna go in the spectrum.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.