GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 02/05/04 at 23:31
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Just seen this tonight, and I cannot recommend it enough. Please, PLEASE don't go an see crap like Van Helsing and buy a ticket for this instead, I promise you won't regret it. It's touching, it's funny, it's amazingly inspired and it's got career best performances from Carrey and Winslet. Every minute of this film is priceless, and if you have any heart and soul in your body, you'll adore it just as much as I did.

Please go see it. Don't make me beg.
Tue 04/05/04 at 03:07
Regular
It's a superb film, absolute brilliance and the sort of intelligence that I'd hope to be entertained by. For anyone who's had a relationship they want to forget about so they can move on by, or anyone who's afraid to enter one because they know it'll end in tears and heartbreak.

Great film.
Mon 03/05/04 at 23:27
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
I'll be going to watch it soon, love Jim Carrey's movies and i'm sure this won't be any different
Mon 03/05/04 at 21:04
"Majestic"
I think Carrey’s a Love-Hate kinda guy. Personally, I love his films, so I’ll be getting off my moley ass to see this film tomorrow night.

[I]smoking!

EDIT: I also feel obliged to mention that Me, Myself and Irene is one of my personal Carrey favorites.
Mon 03/05/04 at 12:45
Regular
Liar Liar and The Mask are my two personal favourites.

Charlie Kaufman did the screenplay for this film, which is a further incentive to go and see it as he's worked on movies such as Being John Malkovich and Adaptation.
Mon 03/05/04 at 11:46
Regular
I'll be honest - I hate Carrey's comedy performances, The Mask, Dumb & Dumber, The Cable Guy - I really don't enjoy watching him being an idiot. But The Truman Show I loved, and this also looks be another rare film where he isn't type-cast as a lunatic.

I'll wait until the DVD is released as the nearest cinema is 30 miles away. But I'm glad it's great.
Mon 03/05/04 at 00:17
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
It is, but it's perfect, absolutely perfect.

Seriously, go and see it. Read some of the reviews it's got, it's been widely praised. I fell in love with this movie, I didn't want it to end.
And even if you don't like it, what have you got to lose? A fiver? Big whoop. I guarantee you'll like it if you've ever had a bad relationship and wanted to erase all memories of that person from your mind, and wanted to pretend it'd never happened.

Go and see it, take my advice and go. Please. It's because people don't go and see movies like this that not many get made.

Edit: Oh, by the way, it's not really a comedy. I mean, it's funny, but it's not a Carrey comedy ie. there's no gurning and mugging for the camera. He's brilliantly restrained throughout, most unlike him.
Sun 02/05/04 at 23:53
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Carrey, I'm a fan. I may have to watch it.

Him and Kate? Odd mix.
Sun 02/05/04 at 23:52
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Did... did you read the post? I said it's brilliant, now go. None of your excuses, you crappy geordie.
Sun 02/05/04 at 23:48
Regular
"That's right!"
Na, not my thing. I've only ever liked two Carrey films (Mask and Dumb & Dumber) and although it doesn't look like his usual stuff (Truman show wasn't and that was passable) it doesn't look very good, either.
Sun 02/05/04 at 23:32
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
I've never even heard of it.
I need to get out more.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.