GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 02/05/04 at 23:31
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Just seen this tonight, and I cannot recommend it enough. Please, PLEASE don't go an see crap like Van Helsing and buy a ticket for this instead, I promise you won't regret it. It's touching, it's funny, it's amazingly inspired and it's got career best performances from Carrey and Winslet. Every minute of this film is priceless, and if you have any heart and soul in your body, you'll adore it just as much as I did.

Please go see it. Don't make me beg.
Wed 12/05/04 at 14:10
Regular
"Woke up this mornin"
Well, I saw it last night and thought it was very good - most creative film I've seen in a while.

'...if you liked Malkovich/Adaptation...' doesn't work for me, I liked Malkovich and thought Adaptation was crap, but it's comparable though - written by Charlie Kaufmann, directed by directors best known for promos -and less 'kooky' than Malkovich.

I'd recommend it.
Mon 10/05/04 at 08:03
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
*pop*

Watched L.A. Confidential (again), Tetsuo - the iron man, Kill Bill Vol 2, Bumfights and Eternal Sunshine over the weekend, and although all of them were great, Eternal Sunshine gets my vote for the most entertaining.

Probably one of the best SF movies I've seen, and although a totally different beast, up there with Solaris for me.

Totally agree with you Snuggly.

[edit] Weird without being incomprehensible, and blessed with an ending that made perfect sense. Which was a plus.
Sun 09/05/04 at 13:05
Regular
"They Call Her 1 Eye"
Sort your arguments arguments out peopl! One minute you're saying DON'T waste your money on Van Helsing! See this and the next minute people are saying Well even if it is pants what you got to lose? About a fiver? SO surely the same could be said for Van Helsing and people could be advised to just go see both and make up their own minds for about £10. At least that makes sense to me.
Sun 09/05/04 at 12:27
Regular
"Not a Jew"
No, you don't. It's rubbish.
Sun 09/05/04 at 11:41
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Sounds like a love or hate thing to me. Marmite style.

I need to see this.
Sun 09/05/04 at 11:36
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Saw it last night before hitting a bar. I really liked it - very odd in places but I think it just went 'click' and I really began to enjoy it (and Kirsten Dunst before she started crying...)
Sun 09/05/04 at 02:27
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Seen it tonight and I liked it. If you liked Malkovitch/Adaptation, you'll like this. Carrey shows he can actually act instead of grin at the camera with his rubber face, and is actually very good, as is Winslet. Great cast - Kirsten Dunst, Tom Wilkinson, and a short part for ex-hobbit Elijah Wood. He gets annoying.
All the time-frames are confusing, a little like Momento (good film). Nearing the end of the film it didn't take a great deal of thought to work out how it all ends, and the "twist", but I'm still left wondering.

For those who have seen it and enjoyed it (am I the only Reg? Shows I need a promotion..) the scene where *spoilers* Jim breaks down in the car and throws the tape out the window. Surely that had to have happend right at the end, he only gets his tape back at the very end of the storyline, so is that the final scene to the story? Did their relationship break up again because of that tape?
Sat 08/05/04 at 18:28
Regular
"This one goes to 11"
Unfortunately no. shame really....
Sat 08/05/04 at 18:27
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Does Winslet get them out again though?
Sat 08/05/04 at 18:27
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I thought it looked cool but guess not

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.