GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 02/05/04 at 23:31
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Just seen this tonight, and I cannot recommend it enough. Please, PLEASE don't go an see crap like Van Helsing and buy a ticket for this instead, I promise you won't regret it. It's touching, it's funny, it's amazingly inspired and it's got career best performances from Carrey and Winslet. Every minute of this film is priceless, and if you have any heart and soul in your body, you'll adore it just as much as I did.

Please go see it. Don't make me beg.
Mon 17/05/04 at 11:36
Regular
"Not a Jew"
Meka Dragon wrote:
> and I heard one girl say "I don't know, I don't really like films what make you think."

Haha.
Sun 16/05/04 at 23:55
Regular
I'll agree, a definate breath of fresh air, and probably only the second time I've actually seen Carey act. This and The Trueman Show are easily the best films of his I've seen.

It's almost difficult to watch Kirsten Dunst looking so upset, you always just want to give her a hug :D

Anyway, I liked this film, but those wihtout a brain, go see Van Helsing.
Sun 16/05/04 at 23:52
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Looks like the boffos are edging it at the moment, then. So that settles it - anyone who doesn't like this movie is a retard. Agreed?
Sun 16/05/04 at 21:09
Regular
"not dead"
Saw it last night, and thoroughly enjoyed it.

I normally can't stand Kate Winslett, but in this she was good. I'm a big fan of Carrey though, possibly moreso when he's not being 'zany' (The Mask is my least favourite Carrey film due to excess zaniness).

It was on in the smallest screen in the multiplex, but it was over half full (though the showing of Van Helsing had sold out). A few people left before the end though, and I heard one girl say "I don't know, I don't really like films what make you think."

As for Adaptation, I thought that was genius. Being John Malkovic was excellent too. Didn't Kaufman also do the screenplay for Confessions of a Dangerous Mind? That I liked too.
Fri 14/05/04 at 00:15
Regular
"~a Libertine~"
Saw it, loved it, want to see it again.
I think the frequent flashbacks/forwards were fantastic as I spent most of the movie trying to figure it out. If that sounds like a bad thing, it isnt! since I was trying to pay full attention and at the same time being treated to some fantastic visuals and beautiful insights into the inner workings of Jim Carrey's romantic or childhood mind.

Loved the way the movie portrayed memories as flexible and unconventional... thoroughly absorbing and id highly recommend it to anyone.
..Well anyone who wouldnt rather watch Van Helsing.
Thu 13/05/04 at 11:00
Staff Moderator
"may catch fire"
Agreed. Adaptation was genius. And Eternal Sunshine was good, it's a nice, sweet and interesting film, but it won't go down as a great one in my opinion.

Kate Winslet looked pretty hot as a punky kinda girl though. After Marge Simpson, anyone who can make blue hair look sexy must be doing something right I reckon ;)
Thu 13/05/04 at 08:04
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Mr Snuggly wrote:
> The ending of Adaptation was true genius (either that, or a monumental
> cop-out dressed up to look like genius,

Cop-out. But signposted bang at the start of the screenplay: -

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

KAUFMAN
It's just, I don't want to compromise by
making it a Hollywood product. An orchid
heist movie. Or changing the orchids
into poppies and turning it into a movie
about drug running. Y'know?

VALERIE
Oh, of course. We agree. Definitely.

KAUFMAN
Or cramming in sex, or car chases, or
guns. Or characters learning profound
life lessons. Or characters growing or
characters changing or characters
learning to like each other or characters
overcoming obstacles to succeed in the
end. Y'know? Movie s**t.

Kaufman is sweating like crazy now. Valerie is quiet for a
moment.

VALERIE
See, we thought maybe Susan Orlean and
Laroche could fall in love during the
course of --

(CONTINUED)

KAUFMAN
Alienated journalist writes about
passionate backwoods guy and he teaches
her to love. I mean, it didn't happen,
it wouldn't happen. It's Hollywood.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

And therefore, IMHO, genius. ;)
Wed 12/05/04 at 19:26
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
The ending of Adaptation was true genius (either that, or a monumental cop-out dressed up to look like genius, which is what I suspect). Super-cool that Donald Kaufman managed to get an Oscar nomination too, despite not actually existing an' all.

I want to see 'The 3'.
Wed 12/05/04 at 15:02
"cheerios"
I thought it was good, but no where near as good as adaptation
Wed 12/05/04 at 14:27
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
You're joking?! Adaptation was SUPERB!! Any film that gets around the difficult third act by making it about how difficult it is to write a 3rd act gets my vote. For innovation if no other reason...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.