GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"AOL? Think Twice"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 28/04/04 at 11:46
"Majestic"
SR posters,

Actually AOL stands for Aload of ludicrousness (thats the best i can come up with)

I've been a AOL customer for ages now, and i just recently got AOL
Broadband. I was the happiest guy alive when AOL broadband arrived, and i had 2 months of happy
fast surfing.

3 weeks ago, AOL started to disconnect, so i decided to ring their useless helpline.
After 2 hours of tweaking settings on my computer - they decided that my modem was faulty.
"your new modem will be with you in 5 days"

7 days later, i got my new modem. Eagar to try it, i plugged the black little box in.
5 minutes later, it disconnected me again. Back onto AOL help, where i had to explain my problem all over
again---

Insisting that it was my computer at fault i formatted my machine. Now its just a blank canvas,
with AOL & antivirus. But still my problem persists. AOL help are running out of things to say
at this moment in time.

"it must be your internal house wiring" sorry AOL, we tested for this, and its defiantly ok.

3 weeks they've messed me about, and still no answer - 3 weeks @ a pound a day = 21 pound down the drain.

Gave them a rollicking the other day, so they've put me on 56k for FREE for the time being.
But its not free when i'm still paying for broadband is it? i've still got a whopping 8
months on my contract, if i could turn back time, AOL wouldn't have my custom now.

Thanks for reading,
An unhappy AOL customer.

[I] This was written, and then corrected by AOL's spell checker. That spell checker regards AOL as a missspelt word of "ALL", what does that tell you, eh?
Tue 04/05/04 at 22:58
Regular
"NULL"
I use ZenADSL (http://www.zenadsl.com) - very good service, never been disconnected, tech support very friendly, knowledgeable and efficient, free block of 8 static IPs - useful with a web server. £28 a month for 512/256
Sun 02/05/04 at 18:34
Regular
"-_-"
I had exactly the same problem. aol tell you to do the same thing over and over again. So while at work my dad got the pc guy from his work to talk me through some things, within 5 mins we were online. Although just 24 hours before Aol said i had a faulty pc and needed to return to sender.
*ahem*
Fri 30/04/04 at 18:59
Regular
"I crashed into a va"
thats sort of why I have my own domain name (plus somewhere to host it), customised email address that I can make anyone I want
Fri 30/04/04 at 16:25
"Majestic"
Yes I understand.

Just my dream of [email protected] is long gone.
That would have been pretty cool, a rhyming e-mail. That .dsl. spoils it :(

Hehe :)
Fri 30/04/04 at 15:34
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
As Jive said your email will be [email protected]

userID is usually LLLLNN, where L is Letter and N is number. This you can not change and will be assigned to you. You may already know it if you have ordered and its in the system.

You can set an alias for your email via the Pipex website actually you can have 12 alias's which would have there own email boxes. So if you just set up one alias you could have it as [email protected] and then you could give this out as your email or give out your userID email as both will work. You may not be able to get the name you want depending on if someone else has it or not.
Fri 30/04/04 at 12:11
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
DiscoDexy wrote:
> I'm assuming that my new e-mails will be [email protected] then?

No

Your email will be your user ID at dsl dot pipex dot com

You will need to login to the Pipex support area with your User ID and setup your myname you want, the dsl.pipex.com always stays the same.
Fri 30/04/04 at 10:39
"Majestic"
I'm assuming that my new e-mails will be [email protected] then?
Thu 29/04/04 at 22:41
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Silent Scope wrote:
> Erm what about Pipex and Blueyonder?

Blueyonder is cable so if he doesnt live in a Blueyonder cabled area he can't get it.
Thu 29/04/04 at 21:23
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
RoJ wrote:
> I have AOL 56k.
> It is rubbish, but it is better than nothing at all.
> See? I can be something other than pessimistic.

I have AOL 56k too, its fantastic.

52k consistently.
Thu 29/04/04 at 20:23
Regular
Erm what about Pipex and Blueyonder?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.