GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gadget Show Sell-Outs"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 18/03/05 at 21:30
"Shotgun+Zombie=Mess"
On The Gadget Show tonight, they had a top 10 gadgets of all time and after they looked at some things that could be future greats.

1st up was the PSP and the DS. They completely slated the DS, they said it had 2 screens and was by Nintendo but they failed to mention the touch-screen, microphone and wireless connections.They also said it looked and felt cheap, which
I suppose is sort-of true.

However, they said the PSP had wireless connection and looked amazing, they then plunged into the Sony fanboy realms of topscore and macintosh and continued to say how great it is(n't) and that everyone will want one.

Methinks Sony gave five some extra pocket money this week.
Mon 21/03/05 at 16:57
"Shotgun+Zombie=Mess"
oops, wrong thread, oh well I'll post here too.
You sure they mentioned the touch screen macintosh, me and my brother are sure they didn't, if they did it was only in passing, which was not what it deserved.
Surely the DS is more of a gadget than the PSP?
Mon 21/03/05 at 16:22
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Macintosh wrote:
> It takes a lot more than warmed over platformers like Wario world to
> cut it to day.

Haha. Wario World. Your experiene shines through once again, Topscore.
Mon 21/03/05 at 15:55
Regular
"thursdayton!"
SnoopDogg wrote:
> they have got no ideas how to make a NEW good game

What like Touched?

Or Polarium?

Or Yoshi Touch and Go?
Mon 21/03/05 at 15:15
Regular
"hit the road jack"
I admit, being able to play GTA whilst on the bog or in an aeroplane does sound appealing but it's nothing we havent played before.

Yes, Mario 64 is old but dual screens and touch capabilities means we will play games in the future (and a couple right now) that PSP is unable to do. People with PS2's are in effect buying it again. Both play movies, music and games.. and are/will be online.

Too be honesnt I dont like to compare DS and PSP too much as they offer different styles.

I can see both sides of the argument.. yes, GT4 in the palm of your hand but how far can it go? DS is going to have some great fresh games
Mon 21/03/05 at 14:33
Regular
"and PC user"
Wario world or GT4 handheld?

It takes a lot more than warmed over platformers like Wario world to cut it to day.
Mon 21/03/05 at 14:27
Regular
"member of dogg poun"
Cycloon wrote:
> Oh I agree entirely Macintosh.
>
> Except, I don't want to play sh*t games. Sorry.

IF your saying the PSP has bad games you REALLY need to open your eyes mate. Nintendo are releasing quite a few ports for the Nintendo DS as its only jus**t come out and they have got no ideas how to make a NEW good game. The Nintendo DS has sold alot i graunt you, but when the PSP is out in the UK, then the battle REALLY heats up...
Mon 21/03/05 at 14:09
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Oh I agree entirely Macintosh.

Except, I don't want to play sh*t games. Sorry.
Mon 21/03/05 at 14:07
Regular
"and PC user"
I thnk the Gadget shows views will be duplicated far and wide re the DS and PSP. And they did say about the touch screen...

Once you have both in front of you, there is only one winner - PSP.
Sat 19/03/05 at 20:16
Regular
"-_-"
you're telling me, there was a guy in the latest issue of T3 i think, he had 40 of them. Treats them as though they are real....
Silly yanks, im happy with my lab :D
Sat 19/03/05 at 20:07
Regular
"8==="
£1500?

Jesus people are idiots.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.