GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gadget Show Sell-Outs"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 18/03/05 at 21:30
"Shotgun+Zombie=Mess"
On The Gadget Show tonight, they had a top 10 gadgets of all time and after they looked at some things that could be future greats.

1st up was the PSP and the DS. They completely slated the DS, they said it had 2 screens and was by Nintendo but they failed to mention the touch-screen, microphone and wireless connections.They also said it looked and felt cheap, which
I suppose is sort-of true.

However, they said the PSP had wireless connection and looked amazing, they then plunged into the Sony fanboy realms of topscore and macintosh and continued to say how great it is(n't) and that everyone will want one.

Methinks Sony gave five some extra pocket money this week.
Thu 24/03/05 at 16:54
Regular
JC941* wrote:
> I admit, being able to play GTA whilst on the bog or in an aeroplane

I played mario kart on the bog IN an aeroplane.
I spent too long doing it though, as people started to knowck on the door, and there was a huge queue outside to get in.

Ah well.

:-)
Thu 24/03/05 at 16:53
Regular
"-_-"
1)mac im gunna call you topscore from now on
2) anyone notice the other sony fanboy gadget boy showed up when mac was on...hmmm i wonder if they are the same person -_-.
3) can i see this research that IGM did then please?
Thu 24/03/05 at 16:49
Regular
"and PC user"
gerrid wrote:
> Macintosh wrote:
> if you show both machines to
> the same group of people, most will choose PSP.
>
> Yeah, you've really conducted some thorough research there.

No, but IGM did it, and nearly everyone in the group went for PSP.
Thu 24/03/05 at 16:44
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Macintosh wrote:
> if you show both machines to
> the same group of people, most will choose PSP.

Yeah, you've really conducted some thorough research there.
Thu 24/03/05 at 16:42
Regular
"bit of a brain"
The DS isn't "built like a toy" and is actually very sturdy.
Thu 24/03/05 at 16:26
Regular
"Long live videogame"
The trouble is the DS is designed to look like a toy, feel like a toy, play like a toy and is built
like a toy ie designed to fall to bits so you have to buy one every year. Cheap product = more profit and god knows Nintendo need that now that Sony have turned their attention to the handheld market.
Thu 24/03/05 at 15:58
Regular
"and PC user"
Domaye wrote:
> Topscore you are such a gimp :P
> I showed around 30 peeps my ds, and after playing the games i have
> convinced about half of em to buy them. Mind you the only convincing
> i did was to let them play it.

TS is not here, but I would have to say if you show both machines to the same group of people, most will choose PSP. Obviously, if you only show them one machine, and all they have seen prior is last gen hardware like GBA-SP, then the one you are showing them is going to be impressive, even if it's not the best out there.
Tue 22/03/05 at 18:03
Regular
"-_-"
Topscore you are such a gimp :P
I showed around 30 peeps my ds, and after playing the games i have convinced about half of em to buy them. Mind you the only convincing i did was to let them play it.
Tue 22/03/05 at 17:09
"Shotgun+Zombie=Mess"
Neo Keyboard wrote:
> Yeah...T3 (at least it think it was them) wasn't too big on the DS and
> was biased to the PSP (not even criticising it). But then again they
> gave Resi 4 2/5 and said it was too similar...heh.

Too similar! did they even play it!? Resi 4 is amazing

Spazztards!
Tue 22/03/05 at 14:29
Regular
"Dunemaul NE Hunter"
Yeah...T3 (at least it think it was them) wasn't too big on the DS and was biased to the PSP (not even criticising it). But then again they gave Resi 4 2/5 and said it was too similar...heh.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.