GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gadget Show Sell-Outs"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 18/03/05 at 21:30
"Shotgun+Zombie=Mess"
On The Gadget Show tonight, they had a top 10 gadgets of all time and after they looked at some things that could be future greats.

1st up was the PSP and the DS. They completely slated the DS, they said it had 2 screens and was by Nintendo but they failed to mention the touch-screen, microphone and wireless connections.They also said it looked and felt cheap, which
I suppose is sort-of true.

However, they said the PSP had wireless connection and looked amazing, they then plunged into the Sony fanboy realms of topscore and macintosh and continued to say how great it is(n't) and that everyone will want one.

Methinks Sony gave five some extra pocket money this week.
Wed 30/03/05 at 19:04
Regular
"It's so,so cold"
JC941^ wrote:
>Never sat next to the toilet.. you're right.. must be quite unpleasant. ooo.. a nice 20 hour flight to Oz

That flight sucks.I didn't sit near the toilet but it is still a crappy flight.It was made worse by the fact the food was shocking and I couldn't sleep.
Wed 30/03/05 at 18:40
Regular
"hit the road jack"
I criticise NGC's DS scoring system. I dont find scoring out of 5 is very accurate. They do write quite a bit on each game but to summarise and give it up to 5 stars seems a bit strange when they score Cube games out of 100.
Tue 29/03/05 at 10:28
Regular
"the burning sky"
T4cast this morning. Rated three games.
Timesplitters FP : rated as a PS2 only game which is highly annoying got a 'Moderate'
Some Xbox racing game : got 'Hot'
and Super Mario 64 DS was given a 'Scorching' review.

Not as high profile I know, but publicity all the same.
Sat 26/03/05 at 18:44
Regular
"hit the road jack"
tigamilla wrote:

> Eewwwww I hate it when someone does a number 2 on planes, its VERY
> unpleasant for people sitting near the toilet... wait for the airport
> :P

Never sat next to the toilet.. you're right.. must be quite unpleasant. ooo.. a nice 20 hour flight to Oz
Fri 25/03/05 at 13:39
Regular
"The mighty GE90-115"
munn wrote:

> I played mario kart on the bog IN an aeroplane.
> I spent too long doing it though, as people started to knowck on the
> door, and there was a huge queue outside to get in.
>
> Ah well.
>
> :-)

Eewwwww I hate it when someone does a number 2 on planes, its VERY unpleasant for people sitting near the toilet... wait for the airport :P
Fri 25/03/05 at 12:37
Regular
"-_-"
sorry didnt read my post shud have sed something like "yeh alright the psp!"

sorry :P
Fri 25/03/05 at 00:24
Regular
Domaye wrote:
> ah well stuff magazine were all yeh the psp!

Yeah..what?
Thu 24/03/05 at 20:02
Regular
"-_-"
ah well stuff magazine were all yeh the psp! but i just read this on their site, made me smile a bit:

DS sells like console-shaped hotcakes
Thu, 17 Mar 2005 02:00 PM
Crikey. Nintendo tell us they've just flogged 87,000 DS handhelds over the weekend, which is pretty damn impressive. Anecdotal evidence seems to back this up: we've already spied genuine members of the public playing on their DS. We've still got our reservations on the actual hardware but the more games we play on the handheld, the more we're starting to see its potential (*sound of one Stuffer eating humble pie*). And £100 is a good price, too.

sorry i would have posted the link i just cba with the click here thing.
Thu 24/03/05 at 19:45
"Shotgun+Zombie=Mess"
Gadget boy wrote:
> The trouble is the DS is designed to look like a toy, feel like a toy,
> play like a toy and is built
> like a toy ie designed to fall to bits so you have to buy one every
> year. Cheap product = more profit and god knows Nintendo need that
> now that Sony have turned their attention to the handheld market.

Sony are the worst offenders for shoddy build quality. Loads of my friends have had their PS2's break on them!
And I got an email from DVDBoxoffice.com saying that they won't be checking US PSP's for dead pixels because they aren't covered by the warranty anymore. I guess Sony can't be bothered to keep their consumers happy.
Thu 24/03/05 at 19:37
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Macintosh wrote:
> No, but IGM did it

IGM?

As long as they're not as retarded as IGN..

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.