GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Bolton to Sign Rivaldo?!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 22/04/04 at 22:12
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Bolton seem to be on the verge of signing Rivaldo!

I wouldn't put it past them either after signing the likes of Jay Jay Okocha & Jardel.

He's probabaly using it as a stepping stone but it would be a bit of a coup for a side like Bolton even though Rivaldo isn't the player he once used to be.

To think he turned down a move to Spurs not long ago too, but then again i'd rather sign for Bolton :)
Sat 24/04/04 at 09:35
Regular
"Colourless"
Absolu† Neó wrote:
> his end product has improved a lot more during the course
> of the season

Can he teach Gronkjaer?

Please?
Sat 24/04/04 at 00:34
Regular
Hopefully he wont be another Jardel. Did he even do anything at Bolton?! Hearing that Rivaldo hasnt played a game in two months so i doubt he will play a game this season unless Bolton want a brazilian version of Veron in the midfield.
Fri 23/04/04 at 22:07
Regular
"Spurs 1 - 0 Man Utd"
I think that this is a great decision from a manager that could be one of the most under-rated managers around.
In his time at Bolton he has made some great signings, to name on, JJ, who has been brilliant for them. If I'm not mistaken, he's 31 the same age as Rivaldo, and he is very much not past it.

Yeh, I'm tired. Slate what you want
Fri 23/04/04 at 21:44
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Squall wrote:
> Sam Allderdyce is a clever manager but this decision is stupid.
> Rivaldo is old and still on the same wages.
> Too many older players in the side not enough youth getting a chance
> to play.

Wrong. He's hardly old: only 31. And as if "old" really matters in football any more. Look at Milan's defence - Maldini (38), Costacurta (39), Pancaro (33) to name three. And they have one of the best defenses in world football.

And he's not still on the same wages. At AC Milan, he was on about 50 grand a week, and at Bolton, he's only being offered 25 grand at maximum. He doesn't need it, though. 9 years at Barcelona makes you rich.
Fri 23/04/04 at 19:22
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
316 3055 wrote:
> I take that as an agreement with my main point.

Not really since your main points was that he's useless, does too many stepovers and has no end product. I would have agreed with the latter in early parts of the season but in recent months he has shone in many of the big games and has been one of the brighter points to United's season.

I think you are being harsh on someone who is still developing and needs to adjust to the English game but at 19 he's better than many of the current youth players who play today he has got better as the season has progressed learning not to do too many stepovers and concentrate on end products and dead ball situations.

There's no point talking about something United 'had' when he has barely had a season at United and still a very young age.
Fri 23/04/04 at 17:56
Regular
"America, _ yeah!!"
Sam Allderdyce is a clever manager but this decision is stupid.
Rivaldo is old and still on the same wages.
Too many older players in the side not enough youth getting a chance to play.
Fri 23/04/04 at 15:48
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Of course he needs to learn and at 19 has plenty of time to do so but calling him useless is very wrong. I suggest you take off your green tinted glasses and concentrate less on the colour of his strapping and more on his skills themselves.
Fri 23/04/04 at 15:25
Regular
"Yes you are"
Absolu† Neó wrote:
> Ronaldo is only 19 for god sake, he has already started to learn that
> it takes a lot more than stepovers to make it in the premeirship

Thank you. Thought not worded as such, I take that as an agreement with my main point.

I know, he is young, and can still learn a lot. I'm just saying that he needs to. Otherwise, in a couple of seasons, it'll be, "Oh, remember that Ronaldo who used to play for United? We had such high hopes for him."
Fri 23/04/04 at 15:22
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Ronaldo is only 19 for god sake, he has already started to learn that it takes a lot more than stepovers to make it in the premeirship, I love watching him when he's given a free role i.e. against Arsenal in the FA Cup, his end product has improved a lot more during the course of the season, given that this has only been a settling season for him he has done very well.
Fri 23/04/04 at 15:16
Regular
"Yes you are"
And don't forget to wonder while you wander! :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.