GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Bolton to Sign Rivaldo?!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 22/04/04 at 22:12
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Bolton seem to be on the verge of signing Rivaldo!

I wouldn't put it past them either after signing the likes of Jay Jay Okocha & Jardel.

He's probabaly using it as a stepping stone but it would be a bit of a coup for a side like Bolton even though Rivaldo isn't the player he once used to be.

To think he turned down a move to Spurs not long ago too, but then again i'd rather sign for Bolton :)
Sat 24/04/04 at 23:56
Regular
"Yes you are"
Absolu† Neó wrote:
> Not really since your main points was that he's useless, does too
> many stepovers and has no end product. I would have agreed with the
> latter in early parts of the season but in recent months he has shone
> in many of the big games and has been one of the brighter points to
> United's season.

He did play today, didn't he?

Today must have been an 'off' day then. I mean everyone beats Liverpool...
Sat 24/04/04 at 18:04
Regular
"America, _ yeah!!"
AfroJoe wrote:
> Squall wrote:
> Sam Allderdyce is a clever manager but this decision is stupid.
> Rivaldo is old and still on the same wages.
> Too many older players in the side not enough youth getting a chance
> to play.
>
> Wrong. He's hardly old: only 31. And as if "old" really
> matters in football any more. Look at Milan's defence - Maldini (38),
> Costacurta (39), Pancaro (33) to name three. And they have one of the
> best defenses in world football
>
> And he's not still on the same wages. At AC Milan, he was on about 50
> grand a week, and at Bolton, he's only being offered 25 grand at
> maximum. He doesn't need it, though. 9 years at Barcelona makes you
> rich.

what happens in a couple of years time though?
Sat 24/04/04 at 13:16
Regular
"The Red Shift"
harsh don. vieira is world class and does 2 or three amazing showboat moves a game. (usually involving an outrageous control and a flick over someones leg) bergkamp only does tricks 2 or 3 times a game, i agree. shame the ball ends up in the net after them. as for henry... you're just jealous. he does more tricks and scores more goals than van and lewis combined.
Sat 24/04/04 at 13:08
Regular
Clazon wrote:
> besides y'all know that vieira, bergkamp and henry is showboat
> central ;)

More like red card central :P

Vieria leaves even Keane in his dust in his grand total of red cards in the premiership. Bergkamp will do a flick here and there, but some games he can go whole halfs without you even knowing he is playing! And henry, well he's just all pace :P
Sat 24/04/04 at 13:00
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Clazon wrote:
> but looked completely lost in midfield.

Well when you're chucked into a midfield every 10 or so games you're not instantly going to fit into it. I wish Fergie would stop with all this rotation rubbish, find a first 11 that works and bloody stick with it
Sat 24/04/04 at 12:56
Regular
"The Red Shift"
kleberson has been pi$$ poor for me. everytime he hits a pass, it's far too adventurous and often goes out, picked by the keeper or straight to a defender. that game where he scored was interesting. quite a good goal, but looked completely lost in midfield.
Sat 24/04/04 at 12:52
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Well as Fergie in all his wisdom splashed all that cash on Klebbie and Djemba Djemba and hasn't bothered to give them an actual decent run out in the team a proper decision can't really be reached yet. Kleberson in the games he has played has looked quite impressive but until he gets a good run in the side then i'll hold my final judgement on him and Djemba Djemba. Fletcher however has done nothing to impress me this season. Whereas Ronaldo has gone on to improve his crossing ability Fletcher still has a fine knack of finding that first defender.
Sat 24/04/04 at 12:47
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Absolu† Neó wrote:
> his end product has improved a lot more during the course
> of the season.

I can't dispute this, as he has unleashed some really low, lashed crosses and shots. however, no-one else apart from him and howard at man yoo has flourished. i know djemba, fletcher, kleberson, etc are young, but i'd want more from them after a season. freddie got a couple of reds, but after 20-ish games, he showed that uniqueness that he had in sweden. vieira and henry took over half a season, but not much more until they could hold their position. edu has possibly taken the longest out of wengers signings to come good.

> I love watching him when he's given a free role i.e. against Arsenal in
> the FA Cup

*ahem*

free role? he was shackeled to that upper right wing. all he did is get and run. fair enough against ashley, but he wasn't free. neville struggled too.
Sat 24/04/04 at 12:33
Regular
"The Red Shift"
bolton won't exactly be a title contender, but they'll have more than a half decent bunch of players.

as for don being afraid that rivaldo'll score goals against Yoo, why don't you try and sign him. i'm sure he'd prefer the red devils to the white paupers. also, surely he is only signing for them as a stepping stone back into europe?

as for graham stuart, he's a don for that tackle :D

besides y'all know that vieira, bergkamp and henry is showboat central ;)

*his name/ is short/ he's got a fake passport/ eduuuuuuu/ eduuuuuuu*
Sat 24/04/04 at 10:31
Regular
"RIP: Brian Clough"
I do wonder whether Rivaldo will be a disappointment like others before him, especially Ivan Campo and to an extent Gaizka Mendieta.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.