GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Anyone here make money from websites?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 21/04/04 at 22:04
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
Says it all in the title really! I'm just curious...

Being 18 years of age and living at home with my parents means pretty much 100% of the money I earn is disposable income. I earn my money from my part-time weekend job at my local Volkswagen dealer. 'Tis good fun, but the money isn't amazing and it naturally eats up my weekends!

And now a mate of mine tells me he runs a website and is making silly money...like £2000 a month off it, without it requiring overly time-consuming attention (i.e. updates).

So, I was just wondering...are there any of you lot running websites for profit? What sort of sites are they, how successful are they, and how long has it taken you to get where you are?

Thanks in advance,

UA
Fri 23/04/04 at 12:59
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I keep harassing my mates to let me do design work for them, but I can't ask my mates for money for the little work I have done for them! One day I'll do proper paid work...one day...
Fri 23/04/04 at 11:30
Regular
"bing bang bong"
I am in the process of making www.suzannamarland.com, which will net me at most £50 or so. Philanthropy at work :O/
Fri 23/04/04 at 11:06
Regular
"always swirling"
Uncle Albert if you tell us you mate's site you'll be helping him out, cos everyone who reads this topic will go on it and he'll make £2003 this month

:-)
Thu 22/04/04 at 20:54
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
phi11ip wrote:
> That's enough to live on, and live quite comfortably too.

Add another 4k to that and thats my annual income;)
Thu 22/04/04 at 20:50
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
I knew it was too good to be true. I think I'll give myself a slap first for believing him.

Mind you, still plan to make my own...if just as an exercise in learning PHP. It's all good. :)
Thu 22/04/04 at 20:43
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
I think you should just give your mate a slap for lying to you!

Anyone can make a really popular site, but £2000 a month off of it? I don't think so!

That's enough to live on, and live quite comfortably too.
Thu 22/04/04 at 20:41
Regular
"Digging!"
Uncle Albert wrote:
> Ok peeps, here are the facts:
>
> 1) I am not trying to brag on his behalf, I'm only going on what I am
> told.
> 2) Having never done any research into the internet as a form of
> income before, I wouldn't know if such a figure was realistic, or
> perhaps even normal for a young lad running his own popular website.

Think about it with common sence. If you could make £24,000 a year with a website as a single person everyone would do it. I think your friend is lying through his teeth...
Thu 22/04/04 at 20:37
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
Ok peeps, here are the facts:

1) I am not trying to brag on his behalf, I'm only going on what I am told.
2) Having never done any research into the internet as a form of income before, I wouldn't know if such a figure was realistic, or perhaps even normal for a young lad running his own popular website.
3) The point of this thread was for me to find out if other people out there are making money from similar projects - clearly not.

I have said this time and again...I'm a lover, not a fighter. I certainly don't want to cause an argument over this. Seeing as the subject of money seems to be a rather sensitive one, I suggest we let this thread die off now. Don't hurt me! :)
Thu 22/04/04 at 20:22
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
phi11ip wrote:
> And that gets him £2000 a month?
>
> I don't think so...

I was just thinking the same thing. I friend of mine was the designer for Scoot and that makes less than that.
Thu 22/04/04 at 20:21
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
And that gets him £2000 a month?

I don't think so...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.