GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Anyone here make money from websites?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 21/04/04 at 22:04
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
Says it all in the title really! I'm just curious...

Being 18 years of age and living at home with my parents means pretty much 100% of the money I earn is disposable income. I earn my money from my part-time weekend job at my local Volkswagen dealer. 'Tis good fun, but the money isn't amazing and it naturally eats up my weekends!

And now a mate of mine tells me he runs a website and is making silly money...like £2000 a month off it, without it requiring overly time-consuming attention (i.e. updates).

So, I was just wondering...are there any of you lot running websites for profit? What sort of sites are they, how successful are they, and how long has it taken you to get where you are?

Thanks in advance,

UA
Wed 28/04/04 at 14:37
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I actually got offered my first freelance job today. Quite a bit of money too. More details some other time, once the site is done.
Wed 28/04/04 at 13:48
Regular
"^^^New Online Arcad"
phi11ip wrote:
> It was these banner ads I think, you signed up and he got referral
> money.
>
> He kept signing up false accounts.
>
> Or so I think...

yeah that was it, i got paid for each person who signed up a site through my site, so i just filled in fake addys, good at the time, but wouldnt even think about doing it again, if the clocked on closed my account, im sure they'll porob wanna come and chase me for the money

my ip does change and ive tried deleting all my cookies,
Tue 27/04/04 at 16:06
Regular
"Digging!"
Turbonutter wrote:
> Your IP changes. There'll be a cookie.

Depends id its dynamic, and also they could block the whole subnet, which would stop dynamic ips.
Mon 26/04/04 at 22:02
Regular
"I crashed into a va"
atm I earn -£160 a month from my sites
Mon 26/04/04 at 18:33
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Your IP changes. There'll be a cookie.
Mon 26/04/04 at 17:14
Regular
"Digging!"
Alexj17.com wrote:
> my pc must have been registered or something.

They will have recorded your I.P. address.
Sun 25/04/04 at 23:48
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
It was these banner ads I think, you signed up and he got referral money.

He kept signing up false accounts.

Or so I think...
Sun 25/04/04 at 23:36
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Alexj17.com wrote:
> I made £1500 in one month from my site, but this was not legal,
> it was classed as fraud and i got caught out, i got to keep the money
> as it was sort of their fault for allowing it to happen. I have been
> banned from using any links which use the same urls which is quite
> annoying as many sites have them, ive tried deleting cookies and
> stuff but my pc must have been registered or something.

Come on lad, we want details.
Sun 25/04/04 at 23:33
Regular
"^^^New Online Arcad"
I made £1500 in one month from my site, but this was not legal, it was classed as fraud and i got caught out, i got to keep the money as it was sort of their fault for allowing it to happen. I have been banned from using any links which use the same urls which is quite annoying as many sites have them, ive tried deleting cookies and stuff but my pc must have been registered or something.
Sun 25/04/04 at 14:45
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I bet you programme it so all the "hot chicks" get sent your details?

I like to think I've got a good grasp on design and backend stuff. Not that it's been any use yet, still haven't got any proper paid work :(

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.