GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Ron Atkinson Quits After Racist Remark."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 21/04/04 at 21:27
Regular
[URL]//www.itv.com/news/2112479.html[/URL]
Thu 22/04/04 at 17:35
Regular
"Notable"
Ok maybe that one was a bit far-fetched
Thu 22/04/04 at 18:38
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Solskjær wrote:
> He may not be the Andy Gray many still seem to make him out to be,
> but he still does know what he's talking about, half-the-time.
> Without him, The Premiership is left with the
> "expert" cliché-ridden scaled-down babblings of
> Bender Boys Robbie Earle and Andy Townsend (now to be joined,
> permanently, by the slurings of All McMoist)...

Whilst you're right about Ally McCoist and Andy Townsend, I actually think that Robbie Earle is a pretty decent pundit for the Premiership. Far better than the other two anyway.
Thu 22/04/04 at 19:07
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
I reckon they're all muppets on ITV.

BBC are a lot better, especially when Ian Wright/Schmikes/Hanson are squabbling (FA Cup Semi) but Mark Lawrenson, well, the less said about him the better....

MOTD returns next season, hurrah! it's been gone far too long...
Thu 22/04/04 at 19:08
Regular
Well we can only blame the BBC for losing the rights!
Thu 22/04/04 at 19:22
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Indeed, but it looks like they have realised their mistake in losing MOTD. That show must be the jewel in the crown between Television Broadcasters simply because of the amount of viewers it's guranteed week in week out and it must have been a big kick in the teeth for the BBC to lose it to the ITV after so many years.
Thu 22/04/04 at 19:37
Regular
I think the BBC has lost the plot. Schmeichel can hardly put a sentance together and i just find the whole programme boring. Especially thier commentary line ups. Just a complete borefest.

At least ITV is good for a few laughs.
Thu 22/04/04 at 22:01
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Don or†ega wrote:
> I think the BBC has lost the plot. Schmeichel can hardly put a
> sentance together and i just find the whole programme boring.
> Especially thier commentary line ups. Just a complete borefest.
>
> At least ITV is good for a few laughs.

Agreed. If Big Ron was still doing the Premiership week in week out alongside Robbie Earle the Premiership would be top stuff.
Thu 22/04/04 at 22:13
Regular
"The Red Shift"
BBC should sign the ITV guy that makes good comments throughout the game, but when it comes to a goal, he says nothing. then...

IT'S LUYDOVIC GIULY!

or

SHEVCHENKOOOOOO. 1-0!

he's insightful, but not boring. plus MOTD have to change the graphic set up for next year. sky sports too.
Thu 22/04/04 at 22:17
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Clazon wrote:
> BBC should sign the ITV guy that makes good comments throughout the
> game, but when it comes to a goal, he says nothing. then...

Yeh I agree, he was commentating on the Newcastle v Marseille game earlier today and is a decent commentator.

I'd imagine there might be some changes to MOTD when it comes around next year. The likes of John Motson & Barry Davies seem to be going senile.
Thu 22/04/04 at 22:54
Regular
"Colourless"
Silent Scope wrote:
> Thank god.. but still Match of the Day is back next season.

I prefer the way The Premiership is set up, with a better studio, and U2 at the beginning. But they need some new analysts and they need to get rid of the adverts.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.